Author Topic: Preview on 'Submit New Item' form  (Read 1761 times)

Preview on 'Submit New Item' form
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:38:43 pm »
I think that adding the preview option on the 'Submit New Item' form would be a good idea. Users will be able to check informations before they add a game to database. Something like here on forum;)

desocietas

Re: Preview on 'Submit New Item' form
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:13:49 pm »
I think that adding the preview option on the 'Submit New Item' form would be a good idea. Users will be able to check informations before they add a game to database. Something like here on forum;)

I second this!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:23:32 pm »
I like that idea too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:09:27 am »
I like that idea too.

Eh...isn't it already just as quick & easy to edit/fix it as it would be to preview it?

...I mean...you're *looking* at it as you type/enter it - do we really need another button/click to show us the same screen again...and yet another to (re)-confirm?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:11:16 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:37:12 am »
I think a better idea would be if you could personally edit it for the first 15 minutes or so after submitting. Every edit I have made to a new item Ive added has been within seconds.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »
I agree with that - a lot of my edit requests have been for silly little mistakes that I didn't catch until it was too late. I imagine it'd be a lot quicker all round if we could sort out things like that ourselves.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
I agree with that - a lot of my edit requests have been for silly little mistakes that I didn't catch until it was too late. I imagine it'd be a lot quicker all round if we could sort out things like that ourselves.

Yeah - that would make sense...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »
I think a better idea would be if you could personally edit it for the first 15 minutes or so after submitting. Every edit I have made to a new item Ive added has been within seconds.
That's a good idea.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:30 pm »

Yeah - that would make sense...

Same here. I've had to go back and fix little things like adding "The" at the end rather than the beginning. Would have saved an edit if there was a preview.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »
Sometimes adding images can look a little weird (i.e. you add a back cover image that doesn't have quite the same proportions as the front cover image and it looks awkward when they scroll), so it'd be nice to be able to see that and other formatting issues prior to final submission.

Text-heavy areas like the box text are hard to look at in their text fields on the submission form, and it'd be nice to see how the formatting looks on the actual page (plus catch any typos).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »
I also have found myself to be extra cautious of tedious little details that I almost over looked several times now....  I have also submitted a form by accident without full proper revisions as well....

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:53 pm »
This would be helpful for the times when you hit submit too quickly.

It could also be useful for when you are editting an entry if you could see what the current pictures look like to see if yours are better.

scott

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »
I think matt mentioned something about this when we worked last week. I'm not sure if he was talking about implementing it soon or what though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread