Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 284559 times)

tripredacus

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #930 on: February 27, 2016, 11:15:24 am »
Man-at-arms was actually pretty close. I even noticed some costume detailing that was based on the toy/cartoon incarnation. Skeletor looks amazing as well if you can get past the voice being wrong. Also Dolph Lundgren does an alright job, albeit too seriously. And the "I have the Power" thing at the end just sounds weird.

I watched The Matrix, another example of the bad audio WB DVD releases. I got it to sound a little better by changing my receiver settings, but I really hate having to change something for an exception.

doafan

« Reply #931 on: February 29, 2016, 02:21:51 pm »
Still waiting for the release of Kung Fu Panda 3 to be released here in Mexico so meanwhile I saw the following four movies were the worst of all of them without a doubt was Nightlight and the best of all was Miss you already, don't remember the last time that a movie made me cry like a baby, enjoyed this one with my wife cause she was the one who told me that she wanted to see it, was expecting that my little girls would like The Peanuts Movie buy they didn't like it neither my wife, guess am too old and they don't appreciate good cartoons  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #932 on: March 01, 2016, 11:02:54 pm »
The Good Dinosaur - A pretty sweet Pixar film. It's nothing really amazing story wise, pretty standard, but the CG for the environment is amazing.  It's odd that they went with such a cartoonish looking for the dinosaurs.  I guess maybe they didn't want to make it look like that other dinosaur Disney movie from back in 2000, but I think either it would've made things more cohesive if it was a slightly more toonish or stylized world with the dino's, or somewhat more realistic dino's.  Doesn't really ruin anything, it's just kinda different visually.

Pixar is still doing it well.  To this day, the only movies I don't like from Pixar are the two car films.  Out of 16 feature films, that's pretty impressive lol

Warmsignal

« Reply #933 on: March 04, 2016, 11:29:15 am »
Did anyone go see Zoolander 2? I wonder if it's still playing.

doafan

« Reply #934 on: March 07, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »
This weekend was very productive, enjoyed alone the movie Burying the EX because my wife is kinda jealous of Alexandra Daddario then I saw with her Victor Frankestein and In the hearth of the sea both pretty good in my opinion and then Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip with my little girls, pretty fun movie but also a very noisy one  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #935 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:29 pm »
Watching Fate Unlimited Blade Works now and, probably, Fate Zero next.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #936 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:22 pm »
Friday the 13th Part 3

I've seen it before. One of my favorite entries in the series. And the film where Jason first gets his hockey mask! (He used a cloth sack over his head in Pt. 2, and he wasn't in Pt. 1, his mom was the killer in that one.)

Just great, mindless entertainment!

tripredacus

« Reply #937 on: March 07, 2016, 02:46:55 pm »
Maximum Overdrive. First time seeing it. Used to own the soundtrack in the 90s. Pretty weird. The truck that is known for the movie cover did not have the same type of role in it like other poster cars, like Christine.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #938 on: March 07, 2016, 02:52:11 pm »
^ I always wondered how they got away with using that truck, since it's obviously Marvel's Green Goblin on the front of it.

desocietas

« Reply #939 on: March 07, 2016, 03:39:44 pm »
Maximum Overdrive is so crazy. Always felt like such a made-for-TV movie - couldn't believe it made it to theaters.

Saw The Boy and the Beast this weekend - really good! Definitely will recommend and may try to see it again in the theaters while I still can.

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

HarvestDude

« Reply #940 on: March 13, 2016, 01:55:27 am »
I guess it was Major - Season 5. I pretty much enjoy sports animes and i was hooked to Major.

But i'm always watching Naruto too. I'm not watching it so fast because i want the story to end (in the anime, i know the manga has already ended), to watch every episode to the end.

HarvestDudeā„¢

« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2016, 01:56:32 am »
Saw Zootopia the other night and really enjoyed it.  I could see a few more good movies coming out of that if they handle it right.

doafan

« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2016, 11:30:44 am »
This past Sunday took my wife and my little girls to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda 3 where I have to admit that the one who wanted to watch this one was me, the girls didn't say no cause everybody loves to eat Pop Corn, pretty good movie and quite fun this is one of the few movies that I enjoy to watch with their Mexican voices also saw at home with my girls Las Aventuras de Tadeo Jones which is in my opinion is a rip off or a parody of the characters Nathan Drake and Lara Croft but in a nice way, quite fun and enjoyable movie with a couple of references from various countries and the last one that I attempted to see was the latest one of the Fantastic Four, a total waste of my time and even when this are not my favorite superheroes team they have done an awful thing to them, damn it want my time back  >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #943 on: March 15, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

Love this movie! Great sense of humor mixed with awesome zombie gore-scenes. And I love that the movie can poke fun at itself. It reuses two of the main actors from the first film, playing different characters. And in one scene, they're slowly turning to zombies and one guys says, "This all feels like a dream, like deja vu, like we've been here before." lol.

doafan

« Reply #944 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:24 pm »
Yesterday was a non working day here at my country so spend these past three days watching some wrestling and a couple of movies where the best of all without a doubt was Room don't have any complain about the other three movies, they were fun, creepy and so damn sexy but Room was everything, even when we saw this one with subtitles my wife was paying attention to every minute just to avoid missing a line from the story, kinda creepy that something like this can happen to anybody, damn.