Author Topic: What music do you listen to??  (Read 4659 times)

Re: What music do you listen to??
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »
I also forgot! I love chaotic hardcore music. Such as Converge, Tharsis They, Wolfs, The Chariot, Bayonet... just thought I'd include that as well.

ko1ru

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 02:55:22 pm »
Neofolk, noise, power electronics, experimental, industrial, martial industrial, dark ambient, synthpop, EBM, IDM, shoegaze, electro, witch house, chiptune, new wave, no wave, darkwave, batcave, deathrock, black metal, d-beat, punk, horror punk, post-punk, post-industrial and classical.

This is the same reason we dont need sub genres for games!

LMAO!  I knew someone would say something like that!  In fact, I thought it myself when I was listing those music subgenres.  ;p

sin2beta

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 11:04:49 pm »
I listen to a lot of different music. But if I had to pick one general genre it would be punk. I haven't found a subgenre of it that I don't like. My favorite is the late 80s Lookout Records scene.

I also like a specific subgenre of electronic music alot, IDM. See "Boards of Canada" for examples.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
I know it's supposed to be cheesy to like 80s music. But I don't care. I've been blasting some Metallica, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, and Alice Cooper today and loving it! \m/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »
Quote from: BurningDoom
I know it's supposed to be cheesy to like 80s music. But I don't care. I've been blasting some Metallica, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, and Alice Cooper today and loving it! \m/

Continuing my 80s kick today with some W.A.S.P. You just aren't hair metal enough if you don't like these guys. Blackie Lawless has to be the quintessential 80s hair metal guy.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:19 am »
Like ko1ru, I'm one of the weird kids :)

I mostly listen to power electronics, death industrial, dark ambient, rhythmic noise, martial industrial, breakcore, old-school EBM, post-punk, electro, IDM, witch house, angst pop, synthpop, deathrock, doom metal, and... well, basically everything she listed.

Some individual favorites: Haus Arafna, November Növelet, Portishead, Purity Ring, Swans, Ô Paradis, Coil, AIT!, Enduser, Nový Svět, M83, Yen Pox, Death in June, Burial, SubRosa, Der Blutharsch, Nightmare Fortress, Ladytron, Slowdive, Throbbing Gristle, The Soft Moon, Genocide Organ, Joy Division, Zola Jesus, Inade, Brighter Death Now, Xmal Deutschland, Grimes, Crystal Castles, Proem, Legowelt, Converter, Mono, Godflesh, Front 242, Deutsch Nepal, Rasthof Dachau, Maska Genetik, Thorofon, Die Form, and far too many others.

The three big addictions - video games, music, and movies. I need a higher paying job (and a place to put all this stuff) :(

ko1ru

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:32 am »
Like ko1ru, I'm one of the weird kids :)

8)