Author Topic: Loose GBA carts  (Read 8848 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Loose GBA carts
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:19:25 pm »
I have all my Game Boy, GBA, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and DS games inside of the extra-long 6-pocket trading card binder pages, which are all inside of a big binder. It protects the games, and it makes them very convenient to flip through and keep in order. Unfortunately, Game Gear games are too wide for this solution.

Do you find that the games slide out when you don't want them to?

I have used the 9 pocket trading card sheets but I find that the games slide out too easily.

The only ones I have trouble with are the DS games. Otherwise, the width of cartridge seems to hold it in there just fine. I found that the 9-pocket pages were too small for Game Boy and Neo Geo Pocket Color carts, and often would tear apart, which is the reason why I use the longer 6-pocket ones.

darko

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »

topspot123

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »
I love the custom cases and I used to be into doing similar things myself, but I found that I needed to reduce the amount of space that my collection takes up, instead of increasing it. 

The best solution for me is the 'Ultimate Game Library' binders.

They hold 32 GBA games.  They are really tough to find now and usually demand a pretty penny on ebay, but I have two of them and they hold my entire GBA collection in about 5 inches of shelf space. 

Coincidentally, I just watched this video last week and I like his solution (this is exactly how I store my GB and GBC games).

BTW, I love to talk about game storage and sometimes my posts about it are too long!

jcalder8

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »
Coincidentally, I just watched this video last week and I like his solution (this is exactly how I store my GB and GBC games).

BTW, I love to talk about game storage and sometimes my posts about it are too long!
Thanks for sharing the video, it's a good idea, I may actually have some boxes like that that would work now that my collection has grown some.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 11:59:14 pm »
I love the custom cases and I used to be into doing similar things myself, but I found that I needed to reduce the amount of space that my collection takes up, instead of increasing it. 

The best solution for me is the 'Ultimate Game Library' binders.

They hold 32 GBA games.  They are really tough to find now and usually demand a pretty penny on ebay, but I have two of them and they hold my entire GBA collection in about 5 inches of shelf space. 

That's the binder I have!!! I looked all over ebay and couldn't find one today! So yeah...use this.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wholesale-Lot-of-50-DS-Retail-Game-Cases-w-GBA-Slot-BLACK-New-Cartridge-Case-/290840102981?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item43b76bc845
If that was local I would be all over it but with almost $40 in shipping it kind of kills the deal.

Per unit cost is still very reasonable.
Here
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Black-Nintendo-Empty-Replacement-VGBR14DSBK/dp/B0039ZQP02/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1358295988&sr=8-6&keywords=ds+game+cases

Pretty lousy reviews:  Cleap PlasticCover and will NOT work with GBA games
They're not bad, but I would defiantly use the Nintendo brand and just make some fancy cuts. oh yet the ledged that makes it "not work with GBA games" is easily scored out with a utility blade.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:15:49 pm by redblaze57 »

pacpix

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »
I bought those cases and I did not really like them at all.  The GBA slot is made for the dust cover thing on the DS.

I store my games in them this way:
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

ko1ru

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 09:52:09 am »
Hmm, I'm afraid it's proving difficult to find reasonably-priced Nintendo DS cases with the GBA slots...  Thanks for the heads up on knock-off listings out there, too, guys.  As much as I'd like to display all of my GBA games out on the shelf, I'm thinking it's probably not going to happen.   :-\

I think I've found my solution, though, thanks to TopSpot's YouTube link (thanks bunches!).  It's cheap, easy, and will end up taking up no space on the game shelf.  I really dig how uniform and neat it looks (as long as all the snap cases are the same colour!), while games can still be easy to find.  Those "Really Useful Boxes" are available at Stapes, and you can still find those little plastic snap cases to house the carts in for fairly cheap on Ebay.

Thanks for everyone's input/ideas, I really appreciate it!  :)

topspot123

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »
I think I've found my solution, though, thanks to TopSpot's YouTube link (thanks bunches!). 

You're welcome!  Although I am now strongly fighting the urge to change to the same thing myself...
Like I said, my current GB and GBC game all fit in a 3L Really Useful Box and those smaller boxes would nest right on top of my current box.   What to do, what to do...

ko1ru

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 09:50:56 am »
I think I've found my solution, though, thanks to TopSpot's YouTube link (thanks bunches!). 

You're welcome!  Although I am now strongly fighting the urge to change to the same thing myself...
Like I said, my current GB and GBC game all fit in a 3L Really Useful Box and those smaller boxes would nest right on top of my current box.   What to do, what to do...

Do it!  It makes perfect sense to me.  :)

soera

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 10:09:28 am »
I got lucky. When I was at wal-mart the other day, they placed my groceries in this white plastic bag with handles. Once I emptied my groceries, I realized there was a lot of room in this bag. I now have a storage unit for all sorts of GB games. And it was free!  8)  :P  ;)

ko1ru

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 10:18:59 am »
I got lucky. When I was at wal-mart the other day, they placed my groceries in this white plastic bag with handles. Once I emptied my groceries, I realized there was a lot of room in this bag. I now have a storage unit for all sorts of GB games. And it was free!  8)  :P  ;)

I'm far too particular and have way too many OCD tendencies to ever consider "storing" my GB/GBA carts in a Wal-Mart bag!   ::)   :P   ;)

darko

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:27 am »

I'm far too particular and have way too many OCD tendencies to ever consider "storing" my GB/GBA carts in a Wal-Mart bag!   ::)   :P   ;)

It can't be any worse than where he was storing them. I think it says on the warning labels that you shouldn't store your games in a damp & warm environment.