Author Topic: Hockey... it's back!  (Read 4067 times)

Hockey... it's back!
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:44 pm »
1st time creating a topic, but here goes.. To celebrate the return of the NHL, I started this thread to discuss the best hockey games ever made. From Ice Hockey to NHL 2012, what's your favorite?

matt

Re: Hockey... it's back!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:00 pm »
I was just thinking about picking up NHL 13. Have you played it yet? I've heard mixed things. I was obsessed with 12.

oh and GO WINGS! I'm so excited for the game tonight.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »
I still think 94 and 96 are tied for the best, followed by Blades of Steel, any game that sends the loser of a fight to the penalty box deserves to be mentioned.

Go Habs! They will suck but at least they have the most Cup wins :)

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:16:49 pm »
Wow, I thought it would be weird if I created this topic. But yesterday I went out and bought a bunch of old NHL games in celebration.

For me there are three games that I love:
Ice Hockey (NES)
NHL 94 (Genesis)
NHL 12 (360)

I have not played NHL 13, but I imagine that it will take over NHL 12.

Go Avs.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:59:57 pm »
NHLPA Hockey '93 for Genesis is awesome. Also NHL 94 for Sega CD is awesome. Hit the Ice is a badass arcade game but the home translations SUCK! And I have to give the ultimate crown to Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey for N64....countless hours of fun!

BTW I love hockey, I grew up playing since I was 9.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »
The only Hockey game I've ever played is Ice Hockey for NES.  I actually have a part time job at an arena, and I'm one of the Zamboni drivers for our local ECHL team. 
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 12:00:50 am »
I still think 94 and 96 are tied for the best, followed by Blades of Steel, any game that sends the loser of a fight to the penalty box deserves to be mentioned.

Go Habs! They will suck but at least they have the most Cup wins :)

haha I was going to mention Blades of Steel as well, such good memories and a bonus game!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:03:01 am by varkias »

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:03 am »
Being from Quebec... I hate hockey :P
Sadly I kinda HAVE to follow it because my dad and a bunch of people on facebook never talk about anything else.

I do like Ice Hockey though (and I do find it to be better than Blades of Steel). I think the other game I played a lot of is NHL 98 on Playstation... me and a friend played as a team against the toughest CPU... big hits and a few other settings really high, it was about who'd hit the other team more (and we'd always win something crazy like 30 to 0).

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 12:15:23 am »
I think the other game I played a lot of is NHL 98 on Playstation... me and a friend played as a team against the toughest CPU... big hits and a few other settings really high, it was about who'd hit the other team more (and we'd always win something crazy like 30 to 0).
My friend and I used to do something similar on NHL 96 on the Genesis, we would make the penalties as common as possible and then see how many guys we could get in the box at one time... good times :D

With shot blocking we would each switch to as many guys as we could so they would all end up on the ice at once. Nothing like watch 5 guys all fall over at the start of a game hahaha

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:15 pm »
I'm very happy. Big fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs (obviously) and since this topic came up and a big fan of both hockey and video games I did this little video a couple of years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59eqvjDR_A0

PS - Please don't get on me about not liking the Mighty Duck movies. Sorry :)

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:25 pm »
My favorite hockey game is definitely NHL Hitz, it is like NBA jam with hockey!  Never really watch real hockey though, more of a baseball and football person.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:52 am »
Wow what a game on Sat. night! Anyway, my votes go go Blades of Steel, NHL '94 ( obviously) , and good old Mutant League Hockey!!!! Oh yea! Chainsaws anyone?  :o

darko

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 12:04:08 pm »
NHL Hitz!!!

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 12:05:31 pm »
Wow what a game on Sat. night! Anyway, my votes go go Blades of Steel, NHL '94 ( obviously) , and good old Mutant League Hockey!!!! Oh yea! Chainsaws anyone?  :o
How could I forget about Mutant League Hockey?
*hangs head in shame*

matt

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 04:31:39 pm »
NHL Hitz!!!

I actually used to play the hell out of Hitz. Really fun game.

The Wings looked pathetic Saturday night. It was a sad sad showing. Hopefully we decide to show up tonight.