Author Topic: Storage Methods  (Read 5500 times)

scott

Re: Storage Methods
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »
Since darko's showing off his shelving... here's a decent shot of my set up too. It's a bit older, but you'll get the idea.

I'm curious, is the bookshelf you're using an Ikea Billy, or something else?

Nope its some DVD shelves I got from Best Buy years ago. I wish I could find an extract match to it now, cause I need a bit more room. As my CDs and DVDs are currently stacked up in a closet and a total pain in the ass to look through.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 11:42:50 pm »
Since darko's showing off his shelving... here's a decent shot of my set up too. It's a bit older, but you'll get the idea.

I'm curious, is the bookshelf you're using an Ikea Billy, or something else?

Nope its some DVD shelves I got from Best Buy years ago. I wish I could find an extract match to it now, cause I need a bit more room. As my CDs and DVDs are currently stacked up in a closet and a total pain in the ass to look through.
I'm always afraid of not being able to find more shelving because I don't want to have a lot of different styles of shelving.

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:54 am »

Hrm, might look into the Billy then. It actually looks almost identical, and I think they come in that color.

I use a smaller black-brown one in my room right now for CDs, and it's been fairly decent, so I was asking about your shelf because I was curious how well the larger ones held up :p

scott

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:50 pm »
What I'd really like to do is build a full wall shelf all study-like. Perhaps w/ a built-in glass case for my Castlevania stuff. I'm a sucker for woodwork.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:53 pm »
What I'd really like to do is build a full wall shelf all study-like. Perhaps w/ a built-in glass case for my Castlevania stuff. I'm a sucker for woodwork.

I think the important question is, does a Castlevania collection include a hat and whip like Igarashi carries around?

scott

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »
Ha I would go with a whip. Soera showed me an official one at one point. But I think a generic bullwhip of some kind would suffice. :D

brunauss

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 05:14:42 pm »
I purchased some nifty CD sleeves by the case, from CompUSA 10 years ago, with punch out holes for binders. Then used the empty individual plastic cube packaging for all my controllers and hardware. I then purchased shelves and brackets for the sleeved disks to go onto. It worked so well, I did the same for my massive movie and TV collection too. I big saver for my CD music collection. My bookcase was ready to collapse under the weight of all those big binders.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer