Author Topic: The games you love that everyone hates  (Read 3075 times)

Re: The games you love that everyone hates
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »
This is hard for me but again.. I told a couple of friends some games I was playing.... he thought I was taking drugs while playing them... As below

Friday the 13- Nes game - He never understood the point of this game and keeps asking me "why Sean? whyyy?"
Another one that I find often and probably why they Drug Test me at work after I've talked about this game..
Narc - Xbox (Original) A game that you play as a cop and you can take drugs too boost effects...but it also has other effects as well.
A third one and I got this originally for my girlfriend(now wife)....
Catz Wii- I play it out of interesting way to play a cat and dress them up...it is oddly fun....(don't judge me though)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »
Friday the 13- Nes game - He never understood the point of this game and keeps asking me "why Sean? whyyy?"
Another one that I find often and probably why they Drug Test me at work after I've talked about this game..

I haven't played it since the NES was still in stores, but I could swear I remember that Friday the 13th game being pretty fun.

karyann

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
Catz Wii- I play it out of interesting way to play a cat and dress them up...it is oddly fun....(don't judge me though)

I won't judge you, I'm sure I'd have a blast myself, haha.

Also, people really seem to hate M.U.S.C.L.E on the NES, but I loved that game as a child!

scott

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 09:13:43 pm »
Legend of Dragoon [PS1] - This appears more frequently on "best of" lists now, so it being hated is questionable in 2013, but back when it came out, this thing might as well have been a sugar-coated dog turd. Just about every review I ran across dismissed it as an attempt by Sony to cash-in on Final Fantasy, it sold horribly, any hope of a sequel was basically killed within weeks of being released. Such a fantastic, beautiful RPG that was left to twist in the wind for far too long.

I loved Legend of Dragoon when it first came out. Played it at my cousins and went right out and bought it. Sure it didn't allow for open world explorations. But I liked the story and the combat system.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »
This is one I just thought of and I don't know if it would count or not. But I have noticed a lot of hate towards the Guitar Hero franchise from various youtubers. These however are some of my favorite games. I find them to be a great stress reliever and I can waste hours playing them, even by myself.

I don't know if it would count for this thread because they were VERY well like for about 2 years. But after that, burnout turned into dislike... so maybe.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:12 am »
This is one I just thought of and I don't know if it would count or not. But I have noticed a lot of hate towards the Guitar Hero franchise from various youtubers.

I wouldn't consider GH to be in the spirit of the thread, personally. Everything trendy inevitably burns out, but GH was clearly a household name, sold millions upon millions of copies, and people raved about it for years before the tide turned. It's analogous to Barney or Tickle Me Elmo.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 04:35:33 pm »
I remember liking paladin's quest a bunch.  It is eclipsed by much better SNES RPGs, but I thought it was light fun.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:22 pm »
Sonic Heroes (NGC)- I'll admit it's not a great game, I just find it to be more fun than what people said it was. A lot of people who hated it seemed to have played the PS2 or Xbox Versions though.

brunauss

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 05:07:50 pm »
Before I abandoned the PC gaming platform for becoming a mess at the hands of GodComplexMicrosoftWindows of the past, I played these when everyone else around me hated them. Go figure.

DOS - MeagRace 2 [ Cryo & Minscape ]
DOS - Space Bunnies Must Die [ Ripcord & ? ]
Windows95 - Hunter Hunted [ Sierra & ? ]
Windows95 - Toxic Warriors [ Sierra & ? ]
SWFL Werewolf Gamer