Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 888 times)

Thank You
« on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »
First off, thank you to everyone involved in creating and maintaining this site. I joined last night and this place already has me feeling like a crack addict waiting for his next fix. I'm still in the midst of adding all of my collection and I LOVE how easy it is.

I did have a fun thought that others may agree with... I thought I had an impressive collection, but (after reading some of the threads) I get the feeling that it pales in comparison to a lot of other users. My thought was to create a gallery where people can post pictures and descriptions of their collections for others to drool over. I, for one, have a bunch of toys and promotional items that I'd like to share, besides the games. Anyone else on board with that?

I know you're very busy and I certainly don't want to detract from the more important things. Maybe something for down the road.

Thanks, again.

desocietas

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:32:01 am »
Welcome, vanseth!  Your request reminded me of this post that I ran into the other day (I'm also a new member and have been feeling that "need-my-fix" shake in my nerve endings):
http://vgcollect.com/forum/discussion/106/boxed-consoles-anyoness
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:56 am »
Welcome @vanseth! I'm really glad you are enjoying the site.

The idea of having a user gallery is definitely on the to-do list. As of right now there are a bunch of other things that have taken priority but i'll definitely get to it by the end of summer (hopefully). Keep the suggestions coming. Now that it's summer I have less and less time to work on the site but things should be slowing down soon and I will be able to push out some major updates.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea Vanseth, but as Matt was saying, there are other things that need to be done, and I'd like to to the site/database become more complete, as well as a better working android app. I haven't seen an update on the app since I've gotten it. Anyway, I guess we'll be the ones to help with that database part and I just did a heavy submission on the xbox live arcade database, so I don't know if that helps or hurts more on your workload.