Author Topic: Feedback Thread or Forum?  (Read 3498 times)

matt

Feedback Thread or Forum?
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:55:19 am »
Since the forum is picking up some speed I think we should think about creating a feedback thread or forum to help track good/bad sales. This is really just precautionary as I don't want it to ever get out of hand. Thoughts?

scott

Re: Feedback Thread or Forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:11 am »
Some sites that allow sales/ trading have a build in "trade gauge" tacked onto a user's profile. BYOAC has one, it works off of a 5 star ranking it's always with your profile and I think there is a comment system built into it I think something that's linked to the profile is better than a thread/forum, then it shows their reputation right there. Rather than getting lost in a thread.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:44 am »
I agree with @scott. Some type of gauge in a user profile would be nice and clean. A comments section within is important IMO.

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 11:11:24 am »
Way to attempt to add hours and hours of development time for me. haha :)

scott

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:24 am »
Way to attempt to add hours and hours of development time for me. haha :)

It's all about Quality. ;)

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »
I was going to say what @Scott said. Do these forums have plugins? Maybe a reputation plugin can be modified for the purposes. Many forums use rep systems, if there are plugins, its sure to be available.

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »
In the meantime, we should set up something easy.  I'll give this some thought and see what I can come up with.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

darko

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »
We could just make a sub-forum (like the auctions section under marketplace) in the meantime. Each member could have their own (as in 1) feedback thread. That way anyone could simply go there, look up a name, and read feedback comments. The first person to leave feedback for the person in question could start the thread.

And by "we" I mean you guys :)