Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 4225 times)

matt

Re: Baseball
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »
Hey Matt did you watch the Tigers and Mariners series?  Lots of good pitching from both teams, and the 2nd game went into the 14th!

Yeah I've been watching most of them. Our bullpen is looking rough and really dragging us down. Hopefully our offense will be able to pick up some steam and get us our in front. That way the late pitching can safely give up a few runs.

psydswipe

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 08:41:34 am »
A month into the season and so far I've predicted a number of things incorrectly  ::) It's still early but the biggest surprises are Boston having the best record between both leagues, and both the Angels and Toronto being awful. Dodgers aren't doing so good either, and that Greinke injury was terrible. About the only thing I got correct was the obvious one, that the Yankees would often have to deal with injuries, though they are still doing rather well.

pacpix

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:47 am »
I was also very surprised by the Angels and Toronto.  If the Angels keep this up the Mariners might get THIRD place in the AL West!  I predict the Mariners can make the playoffs by 2019 at this rate!  I also did not expect the Royals to continue their spring training success into regular season.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

pacpix

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »
I am excited for the Mariners and Yankees series.  I have two bucks bet on my Mariners!

patrickmeansly

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 04:10:28 am »
I am excited for the Mariners and Yankees series.  I have two bucks bet on my Mariners!

Maybe the Mariners are not Athletic enough to make the playoffs  ;)

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 11:05:18 pm »

8)

psydswipe

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 11:53:50 am »
Came across some old baseball recordings today that were posted back in April. They're fun to listen to and not too long: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/04/17/sports/baseball/20030417-wolff-ruth-cobb-baseball-audio.html?smid=fb-share&_r=3&#index

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 04:18:22 pm »
My grandparents are taking my cousins and I to watch the Mariners play Toronto!  I have not been to a game since 2007.  I hope Kawasaki is back from AAA before Toronto comes to Safeco.  He was one of my favorite players last year.

Lately the Mariners have actually been fun to watch.  Everyone on the team is starting to hit and they got their first sweep of the season on Sunday. Rauuuuuuul Ibanez has also been hitting a ton of homeruns.  For the first time in years I am optimistic about the future.  Our new prospects are actually doing well, Smoak is finally showing his power, next year's rotation will most likely be Hernandez-Iwakuma-Ramirez-Walker-Hultzen, and Seager is just getting better every year.

2014 Playoffs!

pacpix

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »
My grandparents are taking my cousins and I to watch the Mariners play Toronto!  I have not been to a game since 2007.  I hope Kawasaki is back from AAA before Toronto comes to Safeco.  He was one of my favorite players last year.

Lately the Mariners have actually been fun to watch.  Everyone on the team is starting to hit and they got their first sweep of the season on Sunday. Rauuuuuuul Ibanez has also been hitting a ton of homeruns.  For the first time in years I am optimistic about the future.  Our new prospects are actually doing well, Smoak is finally showing his power, next year's rotation will most likely be Hernandez-Iwakuma-Ramirez-Walker-Hultzen, and Seager is just getting better every year.

2014 Playoffs!

Well Safeco Field was overtaken with Canadians and the Mariners lost 7-2 at the game I went to, prospects stopped hitting, Smoak went back to his normal self, Seager is in a slump, and the Mariners are about to reach 90 losses.

On a positive note the Seattle Q*Berts are tied for first in my first ever fantasy league.

pacpix

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:38 pm »
Holy crap, the Mariners signed Robinson Cano to a ten year 240 million contract! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
cant get into baseball
ive tried it just doesnt appeal to me.

pacpix

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 03:58:36 pm »
cant get into baseball
ive tried it just doesnt appeal to me.
I enjoy it because unlike football there is usually a game on every night throughout the season.  It's nice to get home from school/work everyday and relax while watching the Mariners.  The Mariners may be bad, but they can even make a game against the Astros close and exciting.

pacpix

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »
Opening night tonight and the Mariners play tomorrow! :)

tripredacus

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »
Will be watching a bunch of games this year. Easy for me since Hockey season was over pretty much since the Olympics.