Author Topic: Favorite Fast Food  (Read 6682 times)

htimreimer

Re: Favorite Fast Food
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
I hear a lot of people in hating on McDonald's and saying things like it's not even real food when I bring them up. It says 100% right on the packaging of the burgers. The french fries are 100% potato and they have an art down on how they grown and cook them to make their world-famous fries, it's actually kind of neat. They even give you a list of ingredients and nutrition values just to prove to people that they're legit.

Yet people still say try and claim it's all a bunch of chemical junk. It's a hipster thing! McDonald's is so big now that it's not cool for some people to like McDonald's so they just spread rumors about it.

I like McDonald's. It's not Carl Jr. nor is it as good as a sit-down restaurant burger, but it's still good.
in the states a lot of restaurants use LFTB & BLBT and its gross
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:03:41 pm by htimreimer »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 07:09:19 pm »
^ Which McDonalds came out when the controversy was all over the news and made it clear that they no longer use the pink slime.

htimreimer

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:31 pm »
^ Which McDonalds came out when the controversy was all over the news and made it clear that they no longer use the pink slime.
which is good but it still grosses me out that there are restaurants in the states that still use it

soera

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:29 pm »
I dont care about the pink slime or not, I just dont really like their food. Its bland to me compared to almost every other burger out there. Considering their prices have went up a lot lately, its almost the same price to get a higher level burger as it is to get a Quarter pounder or a Big Mac.

sin2beta

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:23 pm »
I dont care about the pink slime or not, I just dont really like their food. Its bland to me compared to almost every other burger out there. Considering their prices have went up a lot lately, its almost the same price to get a higher level burger as it is to get a Quarter pounder or a Big Mac.

On the topic of burgers and the quality of meat. The Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri area has a fast food place called Braums, which is pretty good. Just not my style of burger. Braums won't open stores a certain distance away from their farm due to shipping the food and how quickly real food spoils. What I think is nice is that their farm gives tours. One of the few fast food places that let's the public see where the food comes from.

I imagine a few people on this forum are familiar with Braums. I'm not a fan of the fries though. I think they are just Ore-Ida fries.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:43 pm »
The issue I have with Braums is they dont use a really good mayo and burger without mayo is trash! I dont eat fries anyhow (I hate potatoes). I used to like their limeaids but they changed and I cant stomach them now compared to Sonic.

jobocan

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 11:00:52 pm »

Yeah McDonalds is disgusting. I ate some last week (my first time in over 2 maybe 3 years) and it tastes really bad, it's barely even edible and I'm fairly convinced the only meat in my bacon double cheeseburger was the bacon...
At least the fries are decent.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »
I just wanted to add:

The Mesquite Chicken at Quizno's is divine.

I order it on Rosemary Parmesan bread. On it is marinated chicken, olives, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch. Then the whole thing is lightly toasted, and finally crisp lettuce added to it. (You're supposed to have onions on it too, but yuck! Why would I do that?)

I recommend it to everyone here.

soera

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »
I just wanted to add:

I order it on Rosemary Parmesan bread. On it is marinated chicken, olives, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch. Then the whole thing is lightly toasted, and finally crisp lettuce added to it. (You're supposed to have onions on it too, but yuck! Why would I do that?)

Id recommend putting the olives and tomatoes in the same place you put the onions!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »
I just wanted to add:

Id recommend putting the olives and tomatoes in the same place you put the onions!

And where is that? lol  ;D

soera

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 10:47:36 pm »
Most likely in the trash Im assuming. :) Thats where I would put them. Onions are actually better than both olives and tomatoes.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »
For burgers you can't beat 5 Guys.  Grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, jalapeƱos, and steak suace makes a damn fine burger.

For pizza I like Papa Johns. Dominos, Pizza Hut, and Pizza Inn are all still pretty good. But pizza is a lot like sex. Bad pizza is still pretty damn good.

When I find one I can't pass up a Chipotle. Those burritos are amazing.  That cilantro rice they put on there is fan-freakin-tastic. It is great. We have a Blue Coast Burrito around here, but ts just not the same.

As for the bad, well I can find something I can eat just about everywhere. I even like McDonalds. It doesn't really qualify as a burger. It's its own little animal, literally.

ko1ru

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 07:36:58 pm »
On the topic of burgers and the quality of meat. The Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri area has a fast food place called Braums, which is pretty good. Just not my style of burger. Braums won't open stores a certain distance away from their farm due to shipping the food and how quickly real food spoils. What I think is nice is that their farm gives tours. One of the few fast food places that let's the public see where the food comes from.

I imagine a few people on this forum are familiar with Braums. I'm not a fan of the fries though. I think they are just Ore-Ida fries.

I've never actually eaten Braums' food.  I've only ever gotten their cherry limeades.  They're pretty good, I guess, but Sonic's are slightly better (Happy Hour FTW!).

On a side note, I tried the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos the other day... They're not bad, but I feel like I need to drink a litre of water after a few because of all the sodium!  :P

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »
Original Chicken Sandwiches from Burger King are my weakness.

I also enjoy Papa John's for pizza.

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess