Author Topic: Ridiculous find today  (Read 2009 times)

Ridiculous find today
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:28:47 am »
Spent $24 and got:

Warpath Jurassic Park PS1
Wipeout Long Box PS1
Space Jam Saturn
Sky Target Saturn
Mechwarrior 31st Century Saturn
Dragonheart Saturn
Spot Goes to Hollywood Saturn
Saturn Bomberman

All CIB

Thoughts?

Re: Ridiculous find today
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:53 am »
Thats pretty good id say! Nothing like complete in box! Mind if i ask where ya went?
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:26:27 am »
Awesome! great finds man enjoy that Saturn Bomberman I love that game! I havent gone game hunting in awhile,since its been so lame lately, but this gives me some more hope

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:00 am »
TWJ I found them at goodwill.  Buddy of mine found Tomba CIB the week before at the same place.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:04 am »
Well, Saturn Bomberman is worth 3 times what you paid, sod that's an excellent haul in my book.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:58 am »
Yeah, I'm a bit jelly...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:09 am »
I'm still shocked that I got all of the games so cheap.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:40 am »
I'm still shocked that I got all of the games so cheap.

Yeah, every once in awhile...we luck-out :)

I went to, probably, ~100 yard/garage sales over the summer...

~98 were depressing & worthless wastes of time, gas, and effort,

@one of 'em I found a box w/ 10 or so PS1 (mostly FF (including Tactics & VII)) RPG's...all cib and $1 each, and

at the last one of the year...I scored a *sealed* Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition for 50 cents...and..for another buck...I got a (working) Berry-colored GBC (just had to clean-out the battery compartment), Tetris, Frogger, Pokemon Gold, and a special, yellow/velcro 'pouch' for the GBC (that looked like it was probably a part of a "Pikachu's special-edition" package/bundle.

Worth it?

Probably depends on who you ask -but- I keep going (looking for more of that kick-ass "2%")...which is what you just seemed to luck your way into :P

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:25:37 am »
I'll def keep looking.  They had a ton of Atari games at $1 a piece so I'll take my list with me today to see what's of value.  Anything you think I should keep an eye out for that ranges around $10-$20 in value typically?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:57 am »
Anything you think I should keep an eye out for that ranges around $10-$20 in value typically?

Not really...I know the most about PS1, 2, 3, PSP, DS, 3-DS, GB/GBC, and Game-cube games & their values -and- mainly RPG's, at that.

However, luckily for you, you're in a place where just about everyone here knows much more than I do about the games/systems you're interested in & buying/collecting for...and, I'm pretty sure that they'd be glad to help ya' :)

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »
Anything you think I should keep an eye out for that ranges around $10-$20 in value typically?

Not really...I know the most about PS1, 2, 3, PSP, DS, 3-DS, GB/GBC, and Game-cube games & their values -and- mainly RPG's, at that.

However, luckily for you, you're in a place where just about everyone here knows much more than I do about the games/systems you're interested in & buying/collecting for...and, I'm pretty sure that they'd be glad to help ya' :)

Awesome! I'm right with you on the Sony games and RPGs.  I Want to get all of the US release PS1 RPGs

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:16 pm »
My dad once saw a bunch of nes games at a goodwill(before i was collecting) but i have never seen one game in there besides like ps2. closest goidwill is a hour and i go a few times in a couple months mainly on game hunts but never have had luck at a goodwill... I never get up early enough for yardsales even though I love them.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »
More stuff appears in Goodwills than most people imagine. My wife worked in the book department (Which also handles all the games) for a bit over a year and we got a lot of stuff out of it. The bad thing is a lot of the stores now use the shopgoodwill.com to sell their stuff and/or uses ebay for pricing. One of the stores near here got DW I-IV boxed as well as Sword master and some other more common games. I was getting pretty excited til I saw how much they were. DW I - $20, II - $30, III/IV and Sword master was all $50 a piece. At a thrift store ...

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »
More stuff appears in Goodwills than most people imagine. My wife worked in the book department (Which also handles all the games) for a bit over a year and we got a lot of stuff out of it. The bad thing is a lot of the stores now use the shopgoodwill.com to sell their stuff and/or uses ebay for pricing. One of the stores near here got DW I-IV boxed as well as Sword master and some other more common games. I was getting pretty excited til I saw how much they were. DW I - $20, II - $30, III/IV and Sword master was all $50 a piece. At a thrift store ...
yeah I have noticed that.. if we want a ebay price we would buy from ebay, i wished i woulda got into collecting earlier in my life seems like I started when the price spike came and almost everyone wants to get rich off what they have. But oh well deals still come by. Lol friends old games is great to buy even friends grandparents (they used to have over there for there grandkids)
PS4-zxzpigxzx