Author Topic: Looking to buy certain PAL / Europe / Australia region games  (Read 1496 times)

doctorlaudanum

Looking to buy certain PAL / Europe / Australia region games
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:09:27 am »
Hello, everyone. I am an American looking for some PAL region games after losing a decent chunk of my import collection in a house fire about a year ago. I am admittedly rather picky when it comes to my collection and will probably only buy these games if they have everything included in decent enough condition (manual, case, cover art...) with the exception of Zero Wing. However, if I like the price for an incomplete game, I might still buy it.

I am hoping to find:

Forbidden Siren 2 (PS2)
Zombie Virus (PS2)
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (Wii)
Hellnight (PS1)
Virus: It is Aware (PS1)
Overblood 2 (PS1)
Gregory Horror Show (PS2)
The 3rd Birthday: Twisted Edition (PSP)
Michigan Report From Hell (PS2)
Maken Shao Demon Sword (PS2)
London Cab Challenge (PS2)
Zero Wing (Mega Drive, aka Sega Genesis)

Also looking for:

PAL Region PS2, preferably slim
A PAL->NTSC TV convertor

If you are considering selling anything, please describe its condition as thoroughly as possible. If interested, I might ask for pictures.

I would also greatly appreciate any recommendations for games from the PAL region. I try to play all sorts of genres, but horror games are my favorite. I tend to stick to the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era, though I will look at games from other console generations.

Thanks in advance.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:04:23 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Re: Looking to buy certain PAL / Europe / Australia region games
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:23:38 pm »
Memory cards are universal - you can even store saves from different regions on the same one! So that's one thing off your list :)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »
Memory cards are universal - you can even store saves from different regions on the same one! So that's one thing off your list :)

Ah. Did not know that. Thanks for letting me know.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:57:01 am »
For your games the simplest solution would be to search for them on the UK version of eBay/Amazon and ask if the seller will ship abroad - I'm sure most of them would be happy to so long as you make it clear to them that you know you're buying a PAL game and you're not going to demand a refund when it doesn't work on US hardware (this happens more often than you'd think, sadly).

PAL to NTSC video convertor - http://www.world-import.com/samar.htm

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 02:54:04 am »
I have been shopping around on eBay UK (I've had less luck on Amazon UK) and managed to snag a couple on this list, but I just thought I'd ask here on the off chance that a user was willing to part with one of these games. Maybe with the added bonus of them living in my country so I would have to pay less / wait less for shipping. Regardless, I greatly appreciate your help.  Thanks for the link! :)