Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 194219 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1080 on: November 14, 2016, 01:36:48 pm »
Xenoverse 2. The tracking was a mess but overall had many steps forward for the series.

kashell

« Reply #1081 on: November 15, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »
I finished Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls. It was entertaining, but nothing that I'll replay. I think the extras included with the game's special edition have more longevity.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1082 on: November 15, 2016, 03:51:56 pm »
I finished SMT IV: Apocalypse.  It was fantastic.

So much better than SMT IV: in every way.  My only complaint is that the game is too long.  Everything else, including the battle system, map navigation, story are all much improved.  I've never played a game before where without much grinding you reach level 100 before you reach any of the end game content.  Might come back to play some of the endgame content another day but for now, I need a break from SMT. 

kashell

« Reply #1083 on: November 17, 2016, 08:32:55 am »
Shovel Knight has been completed. It was fantastic; a perfect way to remind me why I became a gamer in the first place. I loved the challenge, the writing, the music, and the tight controls. I doubt I'll go for the platinum, but I will be back for more.

azure

« Reply #1084 on: November 20, 2016, 09:56:18 am »
Just finished up the 100% on Metro 2033, good game. I hear the sequel is even better so looking forward to that.

kashell

« Reply #1085 on: November 21, 2016, 08:47:08 am »
This weekend, I started and finished Quest 64. Oye, what a game. @_@

« Reply #1086 on: November 22, 2016, 01:49:26 am »
Just finished Titanfall 2's campaign. Even though it had a fairly bland and uninteresting sci fi story and plot, and there was really only one character with any character at all, I ended up really enjoying it. I think I was just in the mood for a short and sweet campaign to run through, and the platforming and movement in game is what really made it for me. I would love to see them improve upon the story telling and character development in the next game, since they set up a main protagonist in this game to return, but I won't get my hopes up.

« Reply #1087 on: November 27, 2016, 12:47:45 am »
Just finished SMT IV- Neutral Path. Gonna transfer my save to Apocalypse then put the series down for a bit. I'm burnt out on it -_-

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1088 on: November 27, 2016, 07:58:11 am »
I ran through Super Mario World with no guides or help this weekend. Got 93/96 exits. I don't know what I'm missing, but that's good enough for me. I was surprised how well I remembered the game.

I'm going to say, this is the best Mario game and one of the best game ever conceived.

kashell

« Reply #1089 on: November 27, 2016, 11:48:09 am »
Finally, I got all of the trophies in Gravity Rush because I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm thrilled to trade this awful game into Game Stop.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1090 on: November 27, 2016, 01:14:43 pm »
I ran through Super Mario World with no guides or help this weekend. Got 93/96 exits. I don't know what I'm missing, but that's good enough for me. I was surprised how well I remembered the game.

I'm going to say, this is the best Mario game and one of the best game ever conceived.

I bet it's the Illusion Woods. That got me for a while, back in the day. You have to complete both the pointless loop path, and the "real" path in that area, for every level. (And of course the Star Road path, in addition to those.)

Agreed on it being the best Mario game ever! Possibly the best platformer, ever.

« Reply #1091 on: November 28, 2016, 07:40:24 pm »
Mad Max (PS4)

It's a pretty decent GTA clone. As far as licensed games go; one of the better ones in the modern gen. The story is pretty basic and the missions don't really offer much. However in terms of just driving around ticking boxes 'Ubisoft game style' (even though it's not Ubisoft); it certainly scratches an itch.

Didn't manage a platinum, one trophy off. I weighed up the platinum trophy versus the hours it would take to finish the necessary challenges....and I decided against it.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1092 on: December 03, 2016, 06:59:15 pm »
I beat God of War: Ghost of Sparta on Vita (PSP) last night.  One of the better God of War titles I have played.  The fire mechanic spiced up the combat significantly.  Magic was awkward to use due to the control scheme.  Have a soft spot for this series, even though the games all literally play the same.

I also beat Dark Cloud on PS4 (PS2), this was a game I played a ton as a kid but never finished.  I got a few floors away from beating the Dark Genie and then my save file corrupted so I never beat it.  Saw it was on sale a few weeks ago and told myself I needed to see the end.  Breezed through most of the game from memory, (games are a lot harder when you are 12) and beat the Dark Genie on the first try.  Terrible camera for that fight, I somehow made it through alright.  For those unfamilar, it's a firs gen action rpg w/ rogue like elements on the PS2.  There's also worldbuilding elements ala Actraiser.  There's no leveling at all for the characters, merely upgrading weapons but you have to watch your weapon hp or it will break and you lose the weapon forever.  Since you usually focus on building an ultimate weapon for each character, a weapon break calls for an instant game reset.  The sequel is a far superior game but for me, this game has a lot of charm and I'm glad I finally got to see the end. 

« Reply #1093 on: December 08, 2016, 05:59:24 pm »
Inside (PS4) - It's the only Game of the Year contender that I've actually played this year (barring 20 minutes of Overwatch). Honestly it being a GOTY contender; makes me think it mustn't have been a strong year for games. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good game but it's not a special game, at least not to me. It ticks the same boxes Limbo did; but personally I preferred the style of Limbo. Disappointed it lacked a ridiculously hard secret level like Limbo did. Worth a play through if you haven't played it yet for sure.

The Order 1886 (PS4) - Much better than people make out. Yes it's linear, yes the gameplay is fairly simplistic and largely borrows from other third person shooters without adding much of it's own. However it's not as short as people make out; I had people say it's 4 hours long. I swear they must have been playing it on easy and simply sprinting through; as it took me longer than that. Granted I played on hard and went for the platinum. I really enjoyed the setting and the visuals; I'm hoping there'll be a sequel, as there's a lot that could be done with the setting if the gameplay was tuned up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1094 on: December 13, 2016, 12:43:09 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
4. Avengers Mobile Game (Phone)
5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (XBox 360)
6. Far Cry: Primal (XBox One)
7. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
8. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (XBox One)
10. Strikers 1945 (PS1)
11. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)
12. Raiden III (PS2)
13. Dragon Warrior II (GBC)
14. Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii)
15. Dragon Warrior (GBC)
16. Dragon Warrior III (GBC)
17. WWE 2K16 (XBox One)
18. Bionic Commando (GBA) (via Capcom Classic Mini Mix)
19. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES)
20. Resident Evil: Revelations (Xbox 360)
21. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS)
22. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
23. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (XBox One)

24. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)

I didn't actually finish it. But I've gotten as far as I'm gonna get. I got to the final level. I just can't get past the part where those mouth-things spit you along the level. In the last level, the timing has to be so absolutely precise to many times in a row that I just can't do it.

Up until that point, though, it was a VERY enjoyable little action-platformer with some Metroidvania-elements to it; such as gaining new abilities that allow you to reach new areas, and a healthy bit of exploration and item collection. Though it's not a big open-world like Metroid, it's a level-by-level deal, but you can go back to past levels with new abilities and access new areas.

Great sprite-work, great level-design, and charming characters round-out the great gameplay, too.

I want to play the others in this series, now.