Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 194197 times)

soera

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1215 on: July 12, 2017, 03:35:45 am »
Finished Victor Vran. This game was awesome. Its kind of a Diablo clone. Definitely worth a playthrough if you like that style. Just in time for FF XII :)

doafan

« Reply #1216 on: July 18, 2017, 08:45:13 pm »
For two damn weeks I was turning on the 2DS every 12 hours just to have my five Gem Apples, they gave me five of them for free and to have access to the last boss I needed 200 of them, saved every one of them and  today I finally kicked his ass, didn't had to purchase any of these apples from the Nintendo Store with real money cause really decided to achieve this victory just by myself so today I finally have completed Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, guess that now can purchase those weapons and armors that never upgraded, yes i beated the title without being completely prepared for the last battle  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #1217 on: July 21, 2017, 11:56:55 pm »
Finished up my replay of Xenoblade Chronicles, specifically the 3DS port this time. Xenoblade was a surprisingly good portable in my opinion. The 3DS version is the same solid experience you will get from the Wii original, with some minor graphical downgrades. The Amiibo support was nothing to write home about, but being able to unlock 3D models and the OST is pretty nice. All in all, still love this game after another replay and the 3DS port is a solid port for a portable console.

kashell

« Reply #1218 on: July 26, 2017, 08:13:53 am »
Yesterday, I finished Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. This is the fourth game in the series that I finished this year. I really, really enjoyed it up until the final dungeon. I'll get to that in a minute.

This feels like the most polished SMT experience. While Nocturne is still my favorite, Apocalypse is a close second. The Partner system was a good idea because it made you think about the risk vs. reward of prolonging a battle, plus it let you use a character that worked for your personal taste. If you want a healer, go with Asahi. If you want power, go with Gaston. If you want magic, go with Isabeau. If you want something completely unique, go with Toki or Hal. The only one I didn't care for was Nozomi. Just like SMTIV, gun skills were close to useless near the end of the game.

I built my character to be a magical powerhouse. I pumped 90% of his stats with magic. Once again, magic was the only way to really deal solid damage. I didn't mind, though. I usually play with characters that are balanced or have more of a powerful build. So, this was a nice change.

The story was great. There were some shocking moments that warranted that M rating. I'm guessing there were multiple endings, but the route I took seemed like the best one. A very, "they all lived happily ever after" sort of ending. I was fine with that since the setting in SMTIV:A was so grim.

I really had no complaints about the game until the final dungeon. It was too big. Seriously, the "bigger is better" mentality seems to be plaguing this genre lately. Final dungeons don't need to be massive, empty spaces with ridiculous warp points and one way entries. The final boss fights were also really disappointing. It was just an HP sponge that required you to buff, damage and heal. Other bosses had some sort of strategy you could use.

That complaint aside, it was a great game. It had more user-friendly features when compared to SMT:IV and it had a great cast. Choices didn't feel forced, and seeing everything through to the end was worth it. And, as usual, recruiting/fusing/creating demons was as addictive and fun as always. I only got 62% of the compendium completed after 53 hours of game time.

kashell

« Reply #1219 on: July 27, 2017, 08:30:00 am »
Yesterday, I finished the main campaign of Valkyria Revolution. I look at this game with mixed feelings.

I looked forward to Valkyria Revolution since it's announcement. I tried to steer clear of reviews and the opinions of friends so I could go into it with an open mind. The game was disappointing, but still enjoyable. It's a weird combination. I may end up calling it the best 5/10 of game I've ever played.

Most of the cut scenes are repetitive, slow and dull. The loading times are abysmal. Most of the game is easy because of how powerful magic is. The trophies are needlessly grindy. I'm still going to go for the platinum, but I'm wondering what was going on when they decided to make these requirements.

However, I love the characters, the art, the music, and sometimes...being an unstoppable force of anime-destruction is fun. You have a squad of four that gets hit by grenades, bullets, landmines, swords, axes, magic, missiles, and more and yet they only take a few hits of damage. The only time I feared losing a battle was yesterday during a boss, but that was because I was being careless.

I think, having coming from Bloodborne, that this was a nice choice. It was so simple that it made me forget about all of the ouchies I endured in Bloodborne. Still, this was a let down for Valkyria. I fear that this is the last time we'll ever see an entry in this series.

maximo310

« Reply #1220 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:48 pm »
Two days ago, I finally got my 1st 1cc of Fighter & Attacker, a 1992 arcade-only stg from Namco, and somehow nobody else has done it yet. Its a very love-hate game, due to having a great ost, selection of planes, and some interesting gameplay sections, although the huge hitbox, lack of invincibility time, and nasty spread patterns turn me off. Didn't help that the end game bonus is so huge compared to the rest of the game's scoring.

I'm hoping to record a replay soon, and then move on to some other stuff, such as Granada ( for the Geny), and maybe Dragon Spirit. :p

« Reply #1221 on: July 31, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
Finished Star Fox Zero last night. The best way to describe this game and maybe I will get into more detail at some point but basically it was a good game hindered by unnecessary motion controllers. Why they couldnt have had the option to switch between motion and regular is beyond me.

soera

« Reply #1222 on: August 03, 2017, 11:04:48 pm »
Just finished AereA tonight. Its a musically based action RPG created by Soedesco themselves. I have to say I enjoyed it. The only issue I could mention is that the game offers almost no challenge. I did not die one time from start to finish.

telly

« Reply #1223 on: August 05, 2017, 11:15:41 am »
Captain Toad is done! I wonder what game I should play on the Wii U next? I'm thinking of revisiting the DLC in Shovel Knight, then playing either Mighty No. 9 or MH3U
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1224 on: August 05, 2017, 12:33:42 pm »
I've finished everything I could on Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Well, except for Korok Seeds, because I'm not going through all of that for a golden poop statue.

I completed the main quest, completed all the shrines, collected all the DLC items and power-ups, fully powered up my Master Sword, and fully upgraded all pieces of armor.

...just waiting on the main quest DLC to come out later this year, now.

kashell

« Reply #1225 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:35 am »
Burning Rangers has been completed. A review will be posted in the 52 Games page, but my final verdict is this:

It's not worth the price, but it's worth playing.

azure

« Reply #1226 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:20 pm »
Metal Slug 3 has been completed, still my favorite in the series.

kashell

« Reply #1227 on: August 09, 2017, 08:09:44 am »
FINALLY! Thanks to the kindness of another gamer on the PSN, I was able to get the remaining trophy in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD.

azure

« Reply #1228 on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:42 pm »
Dragon Quest Builders have been completed to 100%. Really enjoyed this game and the time I chose to play was just right it seems. DQ Builders 2 was announced a few days after I initally beat it. Thus far that one seems to address a lot of the issues/nitpicks I have had with the first.

soera

« Reply #1229 on: August 09, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »
I have to say that I absolutely enjoyed my time with builders as well. For the people that think its just a minecraft clone, its not. Im looking forward to the second one as well.