Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 194164 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #945 on: March 05, 2016, 01:00:56 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

4. Ys: Ark of Napshitim

Great game! My only complaint is that the world seemed small. If it was bigger, it would have been a perfect action-RPG.

This is the 2nd Ys game I've played. The first one was an early Ys game, not quite sure which one it was. But I remember just running into enemies to attack them, and I hated it. So I never visited the series again until I saw a review of this game. Really happy I picked it up. Great gameplay that  feels reminiscent of Crystalis on NES.

kashell

« Reply #946 on: March 08, 2016, 08:23:59 am »
I finished Shenmue when I got back from the fun weekend. I didn't do any side stuff and had a bit of struggle with some of the later fights, but overall it was a great game.

desocietas

« Reply #947 on: March 27, 2016, 04:23:43 pm »

Finished off Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders the other night... Controls are always a little wonky for point-and-clicks on the console, but I enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would!  I thought it was better than Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, though The ABC Murders was quite a bit shorter.

Good for a rental - I don't see the need to buy it permanently.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #948 on: March 28, 2016, 08:38:06 am »
I recently finished a bunch of things, but I wanted to give a special mention to Resonance of Fate. It's such a unique and non-traditional game; I think some people on here would enjoy it. It has a strict learning curve and basically requires to go through the tutorials. So, you will have to do some training before you dive into the story. But, I'm really glad I decided to go through the game a second time and get the platinum. Over 100 hours later, I'm already missing it.

maximo310

« Reply #949 on: March 29, 2016, 01:27:30 pm »
Just finished Bayonetta 1's Wii U port last night.  Balder and Jubelius, the Creator were quite easier than what I was expecting, but they were still fun battles. This was a very well done game; one of the best of Platinum's offerings, as well as one of the best games of the 7th generation. I'm gonna do Bayonetta 2 next since I heard that its even better.

deftommo

« Reply #950 on: March 31, 2016, 06:53:49 am »
I had been slowly working on Final Fantasy XIII, but my disc decided it likes to stop loading around one cutscene. So, I'm kind of finished paying it now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #951 on: April 21, 2016, 11:29:46 pm »
I just finished Probotector.  It's Contra, but a fraction of a second slower.  I'm sure that has something to do with it being a PAL game being played on a Retron5.  It's fun.  It's strange seeing all these different sprites in my favorite game.  It was fun looking for differences. 

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #952 on: April 21, 2016, 11:30:57 pm »
Just finished Ratchet and Clank for PS4.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #953 on: April 22, 2016, 11:32:00 am »
Finished Syberia last night and was surprised to have enjoyed it as much as I did. Good voice acting, and the puzzles were done pretty well. Looking forward to the sequels. Now to figure out what to play next...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #954 on: April 25, 2016, 09:51:56 am »
Yesterday, I finished Panzer Dragoon Saga. There are so many thoughts going through my head about it. It was an incredible journey.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #955 on: May 05, 2016, 02:58:57 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

4. Avengers Mobile Game (Phone)
5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (XBox 360)

Incredibly mediocre beat-em up where you switch between Iron Man and Captain America beating up a bunch of the same henchmen. There is one boss-battle at the end of the game against Loki. I didn't die once in the entire game, until I fought Loki. And then it just has horrible hit-detection against him and I died 3 times. Skip this one.

Next up is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. This was a MUCH better Marvel experience. If you like RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Diablo, and like super-heroes; than you should love this game. Lots of characters to unlock, and lots of powers and costumes to unlock on those characters; so the game really keeps you wanting to continue to level-up.

What's really cool for the comic fans is that the Civil War storyline in this veers off into another direction than what went down in the comics.

And it was SOOOO much better than the crappy PS2 version I used to have. And it's more than just better graphics, it's an entirely different game. It's like they gave the PS2 version to the interns to make.

It was the Anti-Registration side that I played. Now I'm gonna go back and play the Pro-Registration story.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:40:16 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #956 on: May 06, 2016, 08:34:21 am »
Nights of Azure has bee finished. But, I'm going to finish getting all of the trophies.

EDIT: No sense in double-posting if it's about the same game.

Yesterday, I got the platinum in Nights of Azure. Other than the trophy to finish 300 quests, the campaign to platinum wasn't too bad. I would guess around 30 to 40 hours. As a Gust game, it felt bland. As an action game, it had highs and lows. There could have been more with the characters, more with the controls and more with the story. If anything, it reminds me that Gust isn't afraid to take risks.

I'm excited for Atelier Sophie because it will go back to that good ole-fashioned Gust feeling.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:19:49 am by kashell »

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #957 on: May 12, 2016, 01:50:22 am »
(PS4) Bloodborne
(3DS) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Badges

HarvestDude

« Reply #958 on: May 12, 2016, 02:54:12 am »
Just finished lask week:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Sega Genesis)
Ni no Kuni (Ps3)
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)

Trying now to finish Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (DS), Landstalker (Sega Genesis), Bravely Default (3DS) and Dragon Quest IV (DS). Most of them are halfway played, anyway.

... but that will take a long while, nevertheless.

HarvestDude™

shepard11

« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2016, 03:10:10 pm »
I ended up beating Far Cry Primal for Xbox One and Valiant Hearts  for Xbox One. I didn't think I was going to enjoy these games but I was proven wrong. And man Valiant Hearts was a tear jerker and I actually learned something new about WWI.