Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 189553 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1005 on: July 27, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
4. Avengers Mobile Game (Phone)
5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (XBox 360)
6. Far Cry: Primal (XBox One)
7. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
8. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (XBox One)
10. Strikers 1945 (PS1)

11. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS)

It's a Dragon Quest game, so I enjoyed it. JRPGs boiled down to their core essences, what's not to like?

That said, I do feel it's one of the weaker entries in the series, storywise. The game was all over the place. I get it, they were trying to somewhat emulate the main-character full life from being a child up until having his own children. But there were plenty of spots where I was like, "Okay, where do I go now?" Because the game was jumping from point to point with little direction at times.

DQ fans, get it. Non-DQ fans, you might want to check out another game in the series if you're trying to get into the series. Personally, I'd recommend DQ IV: Chapters of the Chosen for DS (the NES one is fine, too, but why not get the updated, better looking version?)

« Reply #1006 on: August 01, 2016, 08:50:32 am »
Finished Demon's Souls over the weekend.  That game is so damned good.  Started playing Dark Souls.  Doesn't feel nearly as good as Demon's Souls.  Probably just me not being used to the different timing and such.

kashell

« Reply #1007 on: August 01, 2016, 09:05:15 am »
Finished Demon's Souls over the weekend.  That game is so damned good.  Started playing Dark Souls.  Doesn't feel nearly as good as Demon's Souls.  Probably just me not being used to the different timing and such.

That's how I felt, too. I took a long break between the Souls games and it really helped in my enjoyment of Dark Souls.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1008 on: August 01, 2016, 06:29:47 pm »
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
10. Strikers 1945 (PS1)

12. Raiden III (PS2)

I felt like a shoot-em up last night, and played this one. If you've played a Raiden game before, it's just more of the same with better graphics. Personally, I love the Raiden series, so more of the same is a great thing!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1009 on: August 06, 2016, 11:23:16 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
10. Strikers 1945 (PS1)
12. Raiden III (PS2)

13. Dragon Warrior II (GBC)

I can cross another from this series off of my list. I have Dragon Warrior III (GBC), which I'm playing next, and Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) left. And maybe one day Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) if I can ever find it at a decent price.

Dragon Warrior II was alright, if a little anti-climatic. It was fun for a Dragon Quest game, but the final dungeon and boss seemed a little too easy. But considering it was only the 2nd game in the series, and the first game is even easier, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Speaking of the first game, this one was a MUCH larger game. Bigger world, more towns, more continents, now you can have a party (vs. one character in the first game), and there's more enemies. Just more of everything. To be honest, this really feels like the first one in the series, while the first game almost feels like an incomplete game in the comparison to the rest because of how small it is.

I hope one day I can add the NES version back into my collection (had as a kid, before my bro sold our original NES collection).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:55:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #1010 on: August 07, 2016, 07:40:33 pm »
Just got done beating The Last of Us  :D, its so awesome. I am going to try to have another go at it on Survival difficulty this time. One of the best games I have ever played.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1011 on: August 08, 2016, 04:30:52 am »
Just got done beating The Last of Us  :D, its so awesome. I am going to try to have another go at it on Survival difficulty this time. One of the best games I have ever played.

Congrats, this game is still in my backlog.

Finished Bravely Second last month. really don't understand the flak it got in mainstream reviews. It did not dissappoint me.

Just finished Shovel Night on WiiU. Holy crap beating this game was hard. :)

azure

« Reply #1012 on: August 08, 2016, 09:47:22 am »
Finished up the original 151/151 Pokedex on Blue version on the VC, for the who knows what time. I really gotta stop replaying games, and delve into the backlog.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:17:28 am by azure »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1013 on: August 08, 2016, 05:11:40 pm »
Just finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Pretty good game, combat becomes a bit of a slog near the end just watching the combo "sessions" and some of the menu interfaces are clunky for 2016 but I had a lot of fun and the bosses were particularly challenging and required some strategy.  I'm particularly proud of myself for having the attention span needed to actually complete a game of this size. 

kashell

« Reply #1014 on: August 09, 2016, 09:05:36 am »
I finished PaRappa the Rapper (PSP version) yesterday for the first time in a while. Such great memories with that game.

maximo310

« Reply #1015 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:58 pm »
Did a second playthrough of DQ 6 for the DS. Defenitely a fun game, but the difficulty is pretty unbalanced with the second half bosses not really posing a threat to my team, and that the job system can break the game with the amount of stuff you can learn.

doafan

« Reply #1016 on: August 10, 2016, 02:23:48 pm »
Resident Evil: Revelations and am gonna give it a second try cause Jill look's so freaking gorgeous  :-*

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #1017 on: August 10, 2016, 02:29:35 pm »
Resident Evil: Revelations and am gonna give it a second try cause Jill look's so freaking gorgeous  :-*

Half of the budget of that game went into modeling her ass, stay classy Capcom.

« Reply #1018 on: August 10, 2016, 02:35:09 pm »

INTERESTING.

Anybody have an opinion on what platform is best for this game?  I know it was originally for the 3DS, then they did Wii U, then they did 360/PS3.

azure

« Reply #1019 on: August 10, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »

INTERESTING.

Anybody have an opinion on what platform is best for this game?  I know it was originally for the 3DS, then they did Wii U, then they did 360/PS3.

The Wii U version is the best console port in my opinion, the 2nd screen is helpful as well. The 3DS is, well portable so that's the plus for that one. Any of the ports are just fine, I played the PS3 version the most.