Author Topic: Biggest improvement from a console redesign  (Read 2159 times)

soera

Re: Biggest improvement from a console redesign
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 01:14:32 pm »
Im torn on the SMS Model I vs II. I personally like the look of both. The model I was the system I actually grew up using. It does have a different output option, card slot (also for 3D glasses) and that future looking design. Model II has a cool rounded look with neat buttons on top and a smaller size, the door flap that rolls up and down to keep the dust out but it has no card slot and only an RF slot (not sure why both Sega and Nintendo did this with their remakes). If I had to choose just one, it would probably be the first one although I really want to get it modded like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Master-System-I-Pack-Modified-Audio-Video-RCA-50-60Hz-Mark-III-Switch/111009810354

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 01:47:51 pm »
(not sure why both Sega and Nintendo did this with their remakes).

Cheaper, that's why. Back then, A/V was the HD.

sin2beta

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »
The second model of the Saturn although not all that different was cosmetically more appealing to me. The buttons are bigger and a lot easier to press. The second model's controller especially is a vast improvement over that of the original.

The Sega Master System 2 was a huge design improvement.
Really? I always thought the SMS2 was kind off ugly and cheap looking. Also it doesn't have composite out like the first model.

i always thought the first looked ugly. also alex the kid was built into the system (think its also because i had this one as a kid)

I love the original Master System design. I thought it was weird at first. But now I love the look more than almost any system. I've posted this before, but Centrale from the SegaBits forum described the original master system better than anyone.

I love the Sega Master System.  Slick and sophisticated, its clean lines and crisp colors suggest an elegant lady assassin ridin' dirty on corinthian leather seats to a ballroom in order to eliminate the latest target.  It's got a flow chart printed on it that lets you know how the shit goes down on a day-to-day.  Its color scheme: black and red, the colors of a brotherman on the run.  It says to me, "fun is serious business."
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »
That dude should be a poet. That was the most gangster thing ever written.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »
I like the SNES model 2, smaller fits better with multiple consoles and it seems to work better than the original
Neo Geo CD and CDZ- Made the Neo Geo actually affordable
NES Top Loader-of course we all know why
Im in between with the GBA SP, my hands get cramped quickly when I play and I have tiny hands, but it's backlit and protected