Author Topic: What's the best deal you've gotten on classic video games?  (Read 2219 times)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: What's the best deal you've gotten on classic video games?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 03:30:17 am »
Not sure if it's the best deal I've gotten but most recently that sticks in my mind was I paid $13.49 for a copy of Virtua Fighter Remix Longbox Variant For Saturn from a clueless local game store. Felt extra good because they are the type of store that prices everything really high.

Also right before the quarantine I picked up a gamecube bundle for $40- came with a system, controller, cib zelda oot master quest, eternal darkness, zelda collectors edition, and a sealed?? copy of luigi's mansion. Didn't even know it was sealed till I got home haha. In terms of pure economic value especially now, that's the best margin I've gotten in a long while.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 05:37:40 am »
Closest thing that comes to mind for me is Jet Set Radio Future which I found for £1 at a charity shop - Mint condition. I know it's not the rarest game on planet earth but it was one I was really after for the OG Xbox and delighted to nab it up for next to nothing!

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 06:25:57 am »
And one more good deal awhile back was I went to two Salvation Army's in one day and found like a dozen to twenty Dreamcast games.  Nothing in that was crazy pricey or anything, but I think I got them for like 2 bucks a piece or something.

I got most of my N64 games at a yard sale like that.  Ended up being like $2 a piece.  Nothing amazing, but some decent quality in there - Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie - but then the person went inside and pulled out one more game that they had, so I also got Super Mario RPG for $2.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:08 am »
I got a great deal on just about every game I own today, JJgames was king of my hype in gathering games for the greatest prices in my own opinion, shame they went out of business and closed their online warehouse right before the Covid19 came into effect. JJgames to my knowledge is currently not functioning.

(edit) looks like their coming back guys :)

But I can tell you finding NASCAR HEAT for the PS1 for $2.99 two US dollars and ninety nine cents at another source with all the enjoyment I've had from that one game alone, makes it a fantastic deal.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:00:34 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 02:30:40 pm »
Not to sure

I've had my dollar finds for ps1 , such as suikoden 2 symphony of the night  klonoa etc etc or cib gameboy

People that mispriced holy grail items big time such as panzer dragoon saga or spuds adventure amazing tater cib

In more recent times I'd say 30$ for a top 10 nintendo store sign with keys. wich was filled with original store copied games including a rare box variant for certain commons.

If where talking favourite deals, it's either dozens of cib megadrive of cib snes games gba for real cheap while adding tons of games to the collection had quite a few of those.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:07:03 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 09:08:01 pm »
Bought Mario party 1,2,3, Kriby 64 Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Goldeneye 007, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Didy Kong Racing, Paper Mario, Pokemon Red, Battletoads Double Dragon, for 20$ at a flea market.  I have had better finds but this one was early on in my collecting so I remember it more.

megasilverx1

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 09:53:05 pm »
Pretty much all of my deals I've found have been from thrift stores since I go to them almost every Monday (or at least I did until Covid-19 (I miss going to them)). My memory isn't the best but the ones that have stuck in my head is finding Mega Man 7 for $10, Mario All-Stars+World for $25, a Roulette board game by Nintendo from the mid 1960s for 50¢, Final Fantasy IX for $2, a Dreamcast and Modern Warfare 3 360 console for $2 each, and two GBA SP AGS-101s: one for $5 and the other for 50¢ at a garage sale.