Author Topic: European Game titles  (Read 1203 times)

brunauss

European Game titles
« on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:51 pm »
Not sure if this thread already exists, but after searching the database for the titles alone, I get the feeling it doesn't. This thread is going to be multipurpose.

The first one being a dumping ground for truly reliable resources that can be found online that give complete information about published European exclusive titles. There are a lot of them, as the partial entries in my want list suggests, and that is only a fraction of my complete want list for European exclusives. The games exist and thus published magazine review data and artwork exists. Its absolutely ridiculous the digital hoops I had to jump through on my side of the pond just to get complete data on Atlantis: The Lost Tales and Atlantis III: The New World. It should not be this hard. I do apologize for the noticeable variance in the front and back artwork for Atlantis: The Lost Tales. I'm usually a lot more thorough and consistent.

The second function will be an update on my personal contribution to make the European exclusive entries in my want list more complete. Since nobody else online thinks these beloved homeland titles aren't even worth noticing. Granted US versions were made, but published to PC exclusively. Some of us have the means to appreciate the console versions and want exactly that. So lets start this off properly. The entries entered thus far:

Atlantis: The Lost Tales - Playstation 1 [ EU ]
Atlantis III: The New World - Playstation 2 [ EU ]

P.S. I'm currently working on Atlantis II and have already exhausted AllGame, IGN, Gamespot, GameFAQ, MobyGames, Amazon and Google. Thus my motivation for creating this thread and get this entry completed.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:06:09 am by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

sin2beta

Re: European Game titles
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:01 pm »
A good site is retrocollect.com

This was the site I was on a lot before this one. A lot of good people on that site. It is just VERY EU centric. I have very few EU games. ANd in all honesty, I can't really figure out their NTSC database. But the have a VERY good EU database and several full set collectors making sure the database is good.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »
Oh, and digitpress has some non-us lists

http://www.digitpress.com/lists/
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

brunauss

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 03:11:41 am »
Thanx. You two have been tons of help to me from the beginning and the help is very appreciated. I did manage to get just about everything on Atlantis II for Playstation, but the correct cover art and barcode. I knew it was an excellent choice to use as a test subject to see who has useful info out there and who doesn't. I look at it this way. If they have complete info for this trilogy, they will likely have it for the other easier to find titles as well.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:31:41 am »
Another thing I do when searching for info to fill in gaps here is search European eBay listings. I know a lot of sellers like to use generic pictures but some take good quality shots of the case and discs, so I zoom in on them and get the barcodes / SLUS codes from there.

brunauss

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
Another thing I do when searching for info to fill in gaps here is search European eBay listings. I know a lot of sellers like to use generic pictures but some take good quality shots of the case and discs, so I zoom in on them and get the barcodes / SLUS codes from there.

Like... thinking on same wavelength here *chuckles*

I checked out RetroCollect and PlayStation Collecting. Atlantis II artwork couldn't be found there, but more complete info on many of my incomplete wish listed Euro titles showed up. I book marked both as backup online options, along side my PowerUp Rewards profile database. I recently went back to GameFAQ and they now have covers for the PC Euro version of Atlantis II. The artwork is identical to the PlayStation covers. just different proportions and really want to avoid resorting to using it. first and foremost, out of respect for the rules and guidelines for posting new entries.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:02:33 am by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer