Author Topic: E3 2013 Hype Thread!  (Read 10366 times)

htimreimer

Re: E3 2013 Hype Thread!
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:29 pm »
nintendo has announced two new characters for the new super smash bros, one is an icon and the other is just random

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:40 pm »
Mega Man is cool.  Ok, Animal is popular. but the Wii Fit Trainer seems like a stretch.  (Wii Fit Trainer does yoga. See what I did there?)

Seriously though, the last two are kinda dumb. Were the blocks from Tetris busy?

desocietas

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2013, 07:20:09 pm »
Mega Man is cool.  Ok, Animal is popular. but the Wii Fit Trainer seems like a stretch.  (Wii Fit Trainer does yoga. See what I did there?)

Seriously though, the last two are kinda dumb. Were the blocks from Tetris busy?

lol, Turf.

I thought htimreimer was joking but then I saw this post:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=469943043090154&set=a.120520318032430.30157.119240841493711&type=1&theater

Really, Nintendo?  If anything, I do think the whistle noises are kinda funny...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »
@SCOTT WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US http://www.atlus.com/untold/

Because they are EVIL. I'll buy it though.

nintendo has announced two new characters for the new super smash bros, one is an icon and the other is just random

I'm not sure what is cooler. The announcement or the fact that the BGM is the Mega Man 2 theme song!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2013, 08:58:16 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna be getting a PS4, maybe not on release but after I can walk into a store and get one without fighting a mob :P
The Final Fantasy previews were exciting but nothing really super new. I am excited for FF15 but they announced it ages ago already. I'm happy Kingdom Hearts is coming back, its a fun game my girlfriend and I can play together.

What I found the most interesting is the sharp reversal of roles this year. Sony had a bad run with the PS3 because they were arrogant, not listening to consumers and just generally not doing such a great job. There was a lot of talk at one point about if they could even make a PS4 given their financial woes.

Microsoft was seen as the team that was bringing gaming back to the crowds, listening, offering a good experience with xbox live (although that got worse over time)

It seems that Microsoft are in it for the money this time, they want to spy on people, the price is higher (for weaker hardware) and it's very focused around entertainment outside of gaming it seems.
You can tell that Sony has listened to the internet, the way they presented the no DRM stuff, no internet connection needed. etc They were smug but they listened. They were almost bragging on stage, "yeah we listened for once" and look at the reception they got. They listened to the consumers, which they hadn't been doing, and everything just instantly turned around for them.

It's weird to me how companies don't understand that listening to consumers will generate better results. I guess Microsoft is trying to use the Apple mindset but Apple isn't doing as well as it used too anymore because competitors came out offering what consumers want, not what a business tells them what they want. The tech business world is in such a strange place these days, lots of companies are changing their ways.

foxhack

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »
This is the full Metal Gear Solid V trailer. The only difference is the first four or five minutes which feature footage from cutscenes.

THIS FOOTAGE IS INCREDIBLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK. VIOLENT. VERY GRAPHIC. THERE ARE SCENES OF TORTURE. DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE IT.

If you saw that, then explain to me how Konami is going to sell this with an M rating, because if that was in a movie, it'd get bumped up to NC17 immediately. This is quite different from the standard cartoonish, limbs flying, heads rolling-style gibbing in games. There is - no way in hell - this will be released like that with an M rating. I can't see it happening.

scott

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »
That actually made me more excited for the game.

foxhack

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »
That actually made me more excited for the game.
Oh I'm not saying the game's gonna suck - I'm just concerned due to the rating.

scott

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 10:09:50 pm »
Ya I get that. But if they can rape Lara Croft, whats a little torture among friends?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

htimreimer

« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:52 pm »

nintendo has a weird sense of humor, remember last years E3 and that random part where satoru iwata was holding and staring at bunch of bananas.

htimreimer

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2013, 12:39:44 am »
more nintendo videos