Author Topic: Pretty cool posters.  (Read 2084 times)

Pretty cool posters.
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:55:29 pm »
I been Trying to find some cool posters. I came across this seller. He blows up game art work and puts it on a poster.. He is from the uk soo would take a little while to get. A little pricey but I don't see many people doing this. BTW A3 is about 11X16 inches http://stores.ebay.com/Warners-Retro-Corner?_trksid=p2047675.l2563s.   
I personally like the rage, Mortal combat So real it hurts, E.T., punisher, Moonwalker, kid chameleon, Metroid, real ghostbusters, Mario bros Atari, splatterhouse, Nintendo champion, tmnt new York...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:08:36 am by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

argusfrost

Re: Pretty cool posters.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:22:59 am »
Good idea, but that doesn't mean you can't do the same thing yourself.  Now if these were items that were not easy to reproduce, such as action figures, props or even handmade items (like Perler Bead Sprite artwork) great.  But they're just pieces of already produced artwork or posters that just happen to not be easily available for purchase.  All that the seller is doing is making/printing copies from originals or digital images and selling them, very similar to what you would find at a flea market or from those 0.99 cent stores that offer 'fake' items such as bootleg DVDs and counterfeit clothing.

I'd say spend the money to make your own re-sized posters.  You'll spend a bit more but at least its something that you'll have made by yourself and you won't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail.

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 09:36:15 am »
I'm surprised his store hasn't been taken down by eBay yet for copyright infringement. As for making them yourself, that is a good idea if you can actually get someone to print them. Most places that have the equipment to do large poster size prints won't do this type of stuff because it is copyrighted material.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:37:33 am »
Find a pic you like.  Get it to the right size.  Go to Kinkos.  It's cheap and they have quality printers. Then, go to the Dollar Store and buy a cheap frame.  A frame makes a poster look like art. 

I really thought this thread was going to be about me. Really Cool Posters and all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:26:07 am by turf »

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 12:48:36 pm »

I really thought this thread was going to be about me. Really Cool Posters and all.

The thread about you would be called Really Cool Posers. I see how you could be confused.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:00:24 pm »

The thread about you would be called Really Cool Posers. I see how you could be confused.

But cool none the less

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »
Oh, absolutely!

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 07:23:08 pm »
Find a pic you like.  Get it to the right size.  Go to Kinkos.  It's cheap and they have quality printers. Then, go to the Dollar Store and buy a cheap frame.  A frame makes a poster look like art. 

I went to Kinkos and tried to blow up a LOZ map. Guy told me not to due to copyright laws.

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 08:04:30 pm »
This reminds me of an old thread I made over two years ago about Famicom handbills.

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,191.msg1939.html#msg1939

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »
I think it depends on the employee. Some really think that big brother is going to come and take their family away if they make a copy of something thats copyrighted. If you are making "one" copy, no one is going to give a shit ... if you go in there making 100's of copies of something, it would be different.

haloofthesun

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »
This place also does posters of game boxes: http://www.retrogamecases.com/shop/products/posters/

They seem a little more expensive than the other place, though they're very high quality and ships free from the U.S., which may be a better alternative. I believe they add more regularly and their selection is slim because they just started.