Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11436 times)

tripredacus

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2013, 10:17:13 am »
Yeah it was on a submit. When I get back to adding games I'll take a look at it then.

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2013, 01:37:35 pm »
I just signed up for an account — really nice site by the way...

I can also verify the flash of the "Failure" error message when clicking on a game title from the "my collection" page. It happened the first time I added a game to the list while I was poking around seeing if this is a better way to list my several hundred game collection vs the Google spreadsheet I keep them in now.

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2013, 01:40:33 pm »
The error happened to me in FireFox for OS X and didn't happen when I switched to Safari.

matt

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2013, 03:46:33 pm »
Hmm. I'll have to dig deeper in to that one. That is a generic response from an ajax call that is made. I should update it with a more meaningful response so we can get to the bottom of it.

« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »
I did notice the box artwork image on the right would replace itself with a loader gif image at the same time the error popped up — and then it would quickly load the description page for the game, as if there were no error.

foxhack

« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:39 am »
Okay, Pimper, what country are you from? I'm seeing — pop up in all your posts and I have no idea what character set you're using.

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:21 pm »
I would assume it is an — (em dash).

Looks fine in my browser but if the characters don't get converted to their ascii equivalents (— or &8212;) then they sometimes look weird in certain browsers. I also know certain hosting platforms will cause this when characters are not encoded with their html ascii counterparts.

tripredacus

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 03:09:24 pm »
I would assume it is an — (em dash).

It looks fine to me using Firefox.

foxhack

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »
Great, my Firefox kept encoding the forum in Western instead of Unicode. I changed that and it looks fine now.

tripredacus

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:23 pm »
The "Remember Me" checkbox at login doesn't seem to remember me. I am on my iPhone though, haven't been around a pc to see if that might be the problem.

Quoting this. Although maybe not a big deal (some sites are like this), session isn't kept for multiple PCs. So if I use the main site from work, I have to log in at home and vice-versa. The forum, however, does not behave this way... instead with the forum I remain logged in from either PC.

matt

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2013, 10:31:42 am »
The "Remember Me" checkbox at login doesn't seem to remember me. I am on my iPhone though, haven't been around a pc to see if that might be the problem.

Quoting this. Although maybe not a big deal (some sites are like this), session isn't kept for multiple PCs. So if I use the main site from work, I have to log in at home and vice-versa. The forum, however, does not behave this way... instead with the forum I remain logged in from either PC.

That is correct. The cookie is only good on a single PC. If you hop to a phone or another browser you'll have to login again.