Author Topic: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 25470 times)

sin2beta

Re: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 02:41:04 pm »
I had the day off, so decided to go out for lunch and swing by Movie Trading Company. They were having a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Picked up the following

Sega CD

Genesis

Dreamcast

Most of these games have been things I have been looking for. When I saw them with their cases, I couldn't resist. Ready 2 Rumble is always around, but it is a game I had ages ago and actually have good memories of. From what I understand, I will need the nostalgia goggles for it though.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 02:03:46 am »
I finally got around to replacing my physical copies of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond and Neverwinter Nights 2 and the expansions, since they have trouble running on Windows 8. I took advantage of the GoG.com summer sale and got both NWN: Diamond and NWN 2: Complete for $14.98 total!

theflea

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »
Went out and hit some garage sales, didn't find a whole lot due to not many sales due to the holiday.
But here's what I picked up.

Wii - Shrek the Third ($2)

4 Genesis games for $5 all CIB
- Sonic Spinball
- Road Rash
- Columns
- Taz-Mania

And last an Atari 400 complete in box. It was in a lot better condition then the one i had.
Came with Pac-Man CIB and two Atari 2600 controllers CIB all for $20

Also picked up earlier this week some PSP games
- Metal Gear Acid 2
- Prinny
- Tales Of The World: Radiant Mythology

Also picked up an Ouya.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 09:47:55 am »
Just left a garage sale w/ 5 items for a total of $15.00 -ALSO- learned my lesson about just quickly glancing @ what I'm buying xD

1.  Red Faction -PC- strat guide/sealed (thought it was for a different platform),

2.  Doom II (PC) (Also sealed) - thought it was/looked like a PS1 game  :o

3.  System Shock 2 (PC) - Like new/c.i.b. (same as above/thought it was for PS1),

4.  Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PS2) -Like new/cib - at least I knew what I was getting w/ the PS2 games  :-[

5.  Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2) -Like new/c.i.b.

Not a pc gamer, at all...anyone know if the PC games/guide are worth anything?

Oh well, odds are in my favor since (at most) I lost $15  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 03:44:36 pm »
Are Doom II and System Shock 2 big box releases? If they're discs in jewel cases then they're not worth that much. System Shock 2's price tanked since GOG released it earlier this year.

As for my finds:

Countdown Vampires (PS1) - $1. What is this? I only grabbed it 'cause it was a buck.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »
Are Doom II and System Shock 2 big box releases? If they're discs in jewel cases then they're not worth that much. System Shock 2's price tanked since GOG released it earlier this year.

They're both just discs in jewel cases / just Doom 2's still sealed.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »
It's still not a big box release. So it's not worth much at all. :-\

theflea

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 04:11:21 pm »
Home after hitting some garage sales, but some @$$hole is now placing fake Garage Sale adds on Craigslist.
Last week a sale advertising Video games of all kinds was on craigslist and the address didn't exist, the house numbers ended right before the address of the sale. So today a sale popped listing NES, SNES, Gamecube and Wii with tons of games. along with a ton of other stuff supposedly at this sale.

Well I got there early and saw it was a house that was for sale and looked empty. I figured They might be moving out/in so I waited, many other people started to show up for many of the other things listed in this sale. So the time came when it was supposed to open and nothing, I rang the doorbell and nothing. So many of the people there waited another 20-30 minutes and still nothing. I thought it was funny that none of the big resellers showed up, I've waited at many sales in the past and as I wait the resellers always show up. This time they didn't. (suspicious don't you think?) So we all left and I came back and hour later and nothing, came back another two hours later and still nothing. This is beyond low even for them. Now they gotta cheat by distracting us with fake garage sales. Did I ever mention I hate resellers? >:(

So what do you guys think, What would you do?

Well after that BS, I hit many random sales and only found a few things.

SNES - Super Empire Strikes Back ($2)
PSP - Sega Genesis Collection ($4)
NDS - Puzzle Quest Galactrix ($4)

Tomorrow I'm doing a huge trade and getting an extremely rare game added to my collection.  ;D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »
PS3- Saints Row 2
Wii U- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

jcalder8

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
Home after hitting some garage sales, but some @$$hole is now placing fake Garage Sale adds on Craigslist.
Last week a sale advertising Video games of all kinds was on craigslist and the address didn't exist, the house numbers ended right before the address of the sale. So today a sale popped listing NES, SNES, Gamecube and Wii with tons of games. along with a ton of other stuff supposedly at this sale.

Well I got there early and saw it was a house that was for sale and looked empty. I figured They might be moving out/in so I waited, many other people started to show up for many of the other things listed in this sale. So the time came when it was supposed to open and nothing, I rang the doorbell and nothing. So many of the people there waited another 20-30 minutes and still nothing. I thought it was funny that none of the big resellers showed up, I've waited at many sales in the past and as I wait the resellers always show up. This time they didn't. (suspicious don't you think?) So we all left and I came back and hour later and nothing, came back another two hours later and still nothing. This is beyond low even for them. Now they gotta cheat by distracting us with fake garage sales. Did I ever mention I hate resellers? >:(

Well after that BS, I hit many random sales and only found a few things.

SNES - Super Empire Strikes Back ($2)
PSP - Sega Genesis Collection ($4)
NDS - Puzzle Quest Galactrix ($4)

Tomorrow I'm doing a huge trade and getting an extremely rare game added to my collection.  ;D
This really sucks! Try google map to see if it actually exists? I really don't have a good suggestion :(

jcalder8

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »
I got this box in the mail a couple days ago. I only had to pay for shipping since most of the games are sports games. There are about 60 games in here!

soera

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 12:54:08 am »

Fight fire with fire. Id not only post up a couple garage sales but a few funky sales threads.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2013, 01:33:38 am »
Well, I picked up 3 Wiis this weekend. They were at different yard sales and they were $20 each. I got a black one cib, a blue one with all the paperwork but no box, and red one. All of them came with their colored Wii-motes. I'm an idiot.

scott

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 02:29:16 am »
But now you have parts to spare and some extra controllers for $60! Seems like a good deal to me. hah
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 05:11:36 am »
But now you have parts to spare and some extra controllers for $60! Seems like a good deal to me. hah

I guess there's that.
I also picked up a PSone (fo free) and a PS2 slim ($20).
Good thing I found all these "rare" systems. They may all be gone one day.  :P