Author Topic: can i get some help getting some information on a dos game  (Read 1937 times)

htimreimer

can i get some help getting some information on a dos game
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:36 am »
this is the info i have

the games name is Moonbase
floppy disk is blue
its on one disk
and thare is a company name and i think the company is called computer ellar

and the only other info on the disk VGA,hard drive

darko

Re: can i get some help getting some information on a dos game
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:31:13 am »
Is this it?

Publisher: KDT Industries Inc.
Developer: Wesson International
Released: 1990
Genre: Simulation

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:34:41 am »
i am not sure i have not played it and i just have floppy disk if you want i can use my printer scanner

darko

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »
Go ahead. I'm out of ideas of trying to find an image of the floppy.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:01:12 pm »
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/moonbase/cover-art/gameCoverId,93013/

If this is it, visit mobygames.com and check the profile for it.  They have a complete front and back box art plus scans of both the 5 1/4" floppy as well as the 3 1/2".

I hope this helps you get the detailed information you were looking for.  :)

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:24 pm »
here you go

Photobucket

Photobucket

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:57:45 am »
That doesn't look like an official label.  Computer Cellar?  Maybe this is a copy / duplicate that was distributed with a pc from a private shop or small home based operation?  If you don't have any documentation or a box about the only way to really know what's on there is to throw it in a pc and see. :)

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:19:47 am »
That doesn't look like an official label.  Computer Cellar?  Maybe this is a copy / duplicate that was distributed with a pc from a private shop or small home based operation?  If you don't have any documentation or a box about the only way to really know what's on there is to throw it in a pc and see. :)

i have one computer that has floppy drive and it doesn't work with out a usb keyboard and i do not have one

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:25 am »
Well with just the information that you have, I would assume that the game name that is listed on the disk is probably correct.  You will just have to get that disk to a machine that can read it or borrow a USB keyboard.  Oh well...  What ever data is on it would be a little trivial at this point unless you were dying to play the game.  I mean without a box or any info, only one of the included disks, and missing the official label, it probably isn't worth anything money wise.  I couldn't really say.  It looks shady though!  Lulz.  Where did you come across this game?

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:31:22 am »
i finally got that moonbase floppy to run and its the game that you guys said it was with all the original files no modifications which makes me think what version do i have and if you guys think you know tell me
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:35:01 am by htimreimer »