Author Topic: I hate when sellers jack up the price on ebay  (Read 1685 times)

I hate when sellers jack up the price on ebay
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:28:53 pm »
I'm trying to get some games. The price is more than triple of what it's worth. I tell them to use the pricecharting.com website and then respond by saying it's made up prices by me.

foxhack

Re: I hate when sellers jack up the price on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:39:53 pm »

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »
Everybody hates it.  Luckily we don't have to buy it.  It doesn't matter though because these guys take Ebay's Buy It Now prices as the holy grail of prices.  Even ratcheting it up several times.  The only thing that can be done is just to move on.

sin2beta

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »
yeah it sucks, i was following 2 sellers and for 3 months, they kept on relisting 7 day items and kept using the same prices and wouldn't even bother lowering it. Can't they take a hint that everyone watching it wants it lowered? lol

haloofthesun

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:51:23 pm »
You think that's bad?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0012YO1MG/

I've seen that seller do that with lots of games on Amazon. They don't always use the same name, but it's always very similar and obviously them. They even do it when several other sellers are pricing the games reasonably, so do they really think anyone is going to buy that stuff from them?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 11:55:03 pm »
Damn that supply and demand.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 12:56:01 am »
You think that's bad?

I've seen that seller do that with lots of games on Amazon. They don't always use the same name, but it's always very similar and obviously them. They even do it when several other sellers are pricing the games reasonably, so do they really think anyone is going to buy that stuff from them?

HE'S A GODDAMN IDIOT. I wish Amazon would kick him off the site so the prices would resemble something NORMAL.

ffxik

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 12:57:49 am »
Damn that supply and demand.

I think this goes beyond that right into all out greed territory.

haloofthesun

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:31 am »
You think that's bad?

HE'S A GODDAMN IDIOT. I wish Amazon would kick him off the site so the prices would resemble something NORMAL.

They don't do it for just games, either: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000E6FR6/ref=pd_ybh_2?ie=UTF8&condition=all (both sellers here are the same person and this isn't a real DVD set, they're just selling both DVDs "packaged" as one)

ffxik

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 01:39:21 am »
You think that's bad?

They don't do it for just games, either: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000E6FR6/ref=pd_ybh_2?ie=UTF8&condition=all (both sellers here are the same person and this isn't a real DVD set, they're just selling both DVDs "packaged" as one)

Jeez and both "films" can be had for under $3 for the pair, but this is just such a great deal.  How can I resist.

Or I could buy the New Line Slasher Collection for 3.69 and it has Jasone Goes to Hell, Jason X, and Freddy vs. Jason.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:47:33 am by ffxik »

theflea

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 02:21:21 pm »
This is America and you can charge what ever you want to sell something. doesn't mean people will buy it.
But where I get mad, is people look at amazon or Ebay as the price guide and think that is what it is worth to everyone.
So when some idiot decides to triple the going price on a game, everyone else who looks up amazon/ebay thinks this is what it goes for.  >:(
I've been to game stores, flea markets and even garage sales where people look up an item and see an over priced buy it now and then quote me that price. (or take $2 off it and think its a good deal) and then I laugh at them and walk away and they are confused. Or if I try and explain to them that this is not the right price, they think I'm trying to cheat them.

Sellers will always jack up prices whenever a game disappears from amazon/ebay. Good Example; Waynes World on NES.
It was selling at $40-$60 on amazon when it run out and there was none on the site. Then one idiot decides to post one for $250. (cart only) and then all of a sudden everyone listing it put it up at $200-$250 thinking that's what it sold for.
Soon Ebay followed and the cart was selling $125-150 because people who didn't know better where thinking they where getting a deal on it. Now the game has slowly come back down to the $60-80. but theres still numbnuts who think its worth well over $100 because of the one jerk.

The other issue I have with resellers, is everyone thinks a game it worth full Market value even though the cart is in horrible condition. When ever I sell games If I see it's not in perfect shape I reduce the price. If a game's top value is $100 it better be in perfect condition. If it's lightly damaged, say writing on it, faded, label creases then maybe $80. label is torn, cart looks discolored from smoke, etc maybe $60. so fourth.     
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 03:43:11 pm »
I don't understand why it drives everyone so crazy. If you're selling something, you're gonna try to get the most value out of it that you can. You can't blame someone else for trying to do the same thing. And if is selling for that much on eBay or Amazon, I don't see why it's crazy to think they couldn't sell it for the same price.

You can still find deals elsewhere, anyways. And most of us here know where those type of places are.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »
I don't understand why it drives everyone so crazy. If you're selling something, you're gonna try to get the most value out of it that you can. You can't blame someone else for trying to do the same thing. And if is selling for that much on eBay or Amazon, I don't see why it's crazy to think they couldn't sell it for the same price.

You can still find deals elsewhere, anyways. And most of us here know where those type of places are.

The difference is Amazon and eBay have everyone in the world shopping there. The little pawn shop in Batesville, AR has very few people looking at 20 year old games. If you want eBay prices, list it on eBay. If not, take my cash in hand offer.