Author Topic: Plug and Play Category?  (Read 883 times)

Plug and Play Category?
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »
Hey,

I don't know if there is much of a demand for one or if I am an oddball for collecting them but I've noticed that "Plug & Play" type systems are all kind of jumbled in together along with other randoms in the "Other" category. I know I can't be the only one that collects these, although sometimes cheesy games, but there is a hell of alot of them out there and you'd be surprised at a few gems I've found. So I guess what I am getting at is asking if there is a possibility of adding a "Plug & Play" category to the site? 

soera

Re: Plug and Play Category?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:51:24 pm »
I thought there was one. I have a couple of them I would add. The mini Genesis one with the full size controller and a Star Wars one with the flight controller.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:32:43 pm »
I thought there was one. I have a couple of them I would add. The mini Genesis one with the full size controller and a Star Wars one with the flight controller.

We currently classify Plug and Play systems and other items that cannot be classified at this time as "Other".

Will we have a Plug and Play category? I believe we will, eventually. But for the moment you can put them in there.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »
There should be a plug n play cat. Nintendo had a whole plug n play series before the NES, just random trivia you need to know.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 05:03:16 pm »
I don't know if votes even count or not, but I vote for having a seperate Plug-N-Play catagory. There's enough of them, and they're distinct enough from regular consoles to have their own catagory, IMO.

But then would Pong and other first generation consoles fall into this catagory?

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »
I don't know if votes even count or not, but I vote for having a seperate Plug-N-Play catagory. There's enough of them, and they're distinct enough from regular consoles to have their own catagory, IMO.

But then would Pong and other first generation consoles fall into this catagory?

Possibly.

Distinctions need to be made in some cases. Atari released a ton of standalone plug and play games, and apparently so did Nintendo. If they get added they should be under their parent company categories, while everything else gets shuffled to a standalone category.

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »
I would think that modern plug and play games would be in a different category than pong consoles. Perhaps categories like "Plug & Play" and "Dedicated Consoles" or something along those lines.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 09:12:41 pm »
I would think that modern plug and play games would be in a different category than pong consoles. Perhaps categories like "Plug & Play" and "Dedicated Consoles" or something along those lines.

I'd agree with that.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 06:14:19 am »
you can put it in hardware

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »

Is there any plug n play anymore? just curious?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー