Author Topic: new to pc gaming  (Read 1345 times)

new to pc gaming
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »
ive just got a pc this year that can handle high end games. and i got the humble bundle.
Steam seems amazing but Origin is a piece of crap. you would have thought that a company as big as EA could have made a program that worked properly.
anyone else ever have issues with this?
it took 24 hours for the sims to appear.
my friend has not been able to play sim city for months because it wont let him connect.

desocietas

Re: new to pc gaming
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:25 pm »
Yah, Origin sucks... I haven't played Sims 3 pretty much since it came out, and a good portion of it has been due to being unable to connect with their "servers"

Steam's good, though.  Hopefully Steam is smooth for you.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

msparadise

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 05:57:35 pm »
I haven't personally used Origin, but I have heard that it is pretty bad. Just use Steam and try to stay away from Origin as much as possible. EA: Trying to make a low-end gaming network.
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS & Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 05:59:53 pm »
Steam and GoG have been amazing.  I do not touch anything EA puts out (retro excluded) because of Origin, I don't see it changing anytime soon.  It's perfectly clear they only care about lining their pockets.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
Yah, Origin sucks... I haven't played Sims 3 pretty much since it came out, and a good portion of it has been due to being unable to connect with their "servers"

Steam's good, though.  Hopefully Steam is smooth for you.
so far steam has been amazing.

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »
I haven't personally used Origin, but I have heard that it is pretty bad. Just use Steam and try to stay away from Origin as much as possible. EA: Trying to make a low-end gaming network.

sadly some of the humble bundle is origin only

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:01:29 pm »
Steam and GoG have been amazing.  I do not touch anything EA puts out (retro excluded) because of Origin, I don't see it changing anytime soon.  It's perfectly clear they only care about lining their pockets.
i hate EA as a company but like some of the games.
not tried GOG yet

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »
Origin is OK as long as you treat it as a game downloader. Don't expect any miracles from a company that switches download systems every three years. :P

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »
i hate EA as a company but like some of the games.
not tried GOG yet

GOG has great sales and it's worth it to sign up because they have a few titles that are always free.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »
The only I can say is when I used origin after played 14 mins in Sims City, pop me up a bluscreen (many people have this problem). So, for me, is a piece of crap that i never recommend

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:07 pm »
The only I can say is when I used origin after played 14 mins in Sims City, pop me up a bluscreen (many people have this problem). So, for me, is a piece of crap that i never recommend
That's mostly Sim City's problem, not Origin. :P

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 11:38:14 am »
I use origin only for BF3 because EA forces me to use it. Really, you should stick to steam but beware of the sales, it has lots of them. Don't get sucked into it or you will see your bank account plummet.  ;)