Author Topic: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 17434 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2013, 08:25:34 pm »
@ Sin2Beta I was looking for you all day. I set back a copy of Captain Silver that I saw you didn't have in your collection.

Yeah, I wanted to make it, but that would have been two hours of motorcycling in the rain. Plus, the return trip with products didn't seem wise while raining. I was looking forward to meeting some VGCollect people.

That is one I need, if you still have it, you can PM me a price. We've already sent each other stuff before. Should be easy enough.

How was selling at Retropalooza? Able to clear out most of your stuff?

Selling was cool.  I unloaded well over half my stuff and and made just shy of a grand.  Now, I didn't come home with all of that since I bought some cool stuff and then gas and hotel and food. Most importantly, I had a freakin awesome time.

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2013, 08:33:59 am »
Findings of the week-end.
Got these for 15$ :)

darko

« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2013, 09:55:50 am »
Well, I haven't been posting my finds for a while, but I did get a milestone piece last weekend...

Hagane!!! (Finally).

I also completed a copy of Demon's Crest this month and picked up some boxes/manuals for a bunch of SNES games that I needed (Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Metroid, etc, etc, etc).

blipcs76

« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:01 am »
Well, I haven't been posting my finds for a while, but I did get a milestone piece last weekend...

Hagane!!! (Finally).

I also completed a copy of Demon's Crest this month and picked up some boxes/manuals for a bunch of SNES games that I needed (Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Metroid, etc, etc, etc).

Nice and nice!  I'd love to come across a Demon's Crest -- maybe I should pick up a loose cart before the price really gets out of hand on it?

darko

« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2013, 10:09:16 am »
I can put you in contact with someone who has a nice copy that's cart only if you'd like.

I honestly don't see it shooting up much more than it has, but I also don't really see it dropping.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2013, 10:34:40 am »
Here's some pictures of my pickups from this weekend

I won the painting by answering a trivia question.  Free stuff is awesome.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:14:14 am by turf »

atariboy

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »
My finds this past weekend:

Boxed Odyssey System $5

Games $.50 each
Loose games $.10 each
PS2 Memory Card Free

Shadoan: Brand new still sealed $2
Other PC games: $.50 - $1
Atari Jaguar Games: $.50 each
PS2 Loose Game: $.10

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »
Picked up Hammerin' Hero on the PSP for $8.

foxhack

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »

Abuse (PC / DOS) complete in box for $3. I've heard good things about the game so I figured, three bucks, why not. This was also in the box:

Apparently this is some sort of expansion card for PCs to add gamepad support. This thing has a 1990 copyright date! I can't use it, of course, but maybe some PC retrogamer will find it useful.

htimreimer

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:07 pm »

Apparently this is some sort of expansion card for PCs to add gamepad support. This thing has a 1990 copyright date! I can't use it, of course, but maybe some PC retrogamer will find it useful.
how much do you want for it?

foxhack

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2013, 11:07:52 pm »

I'm not looking to get much, $3 (what this cost me) should be fine, but... man, the postage is like $11 to Canada for a one pound package. :\

Do you have a PayPal account?

blipcs76

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2013, 11:55:44 pm »
Here's a pic of my pickups from the last couple of weeks. 

My mom came across the boxed and sealed GBA games (she is also a garage sale addict).  Two copies of Mega Man Battle Network 5 and 3 copies of James Pond.  It's nice to have her keeping an eye out for me :)  She once found a loose Dragon Warrior III for $0.50 :)

SNES
Donkey Kong Country 2
Yoshi's Island
$10 each, but I was happy to pay that.  I almost bought Yoshi's Island last weekend for $20, so I'm glad I held out.

Genesis
Gaiares - $10, but have been looking for it for a long time.  It's CIB and mint too.
Shining Force II - $3, was very excited to find this in a pile of generic Genesis games.
X-men - $3
Starflight - $3

NES
SMB3 - $2.  Found in a random stack of toys at a garage sale.

XBox
Batman Vengeance - $2

DS
Zenses

GBA
Dogz 2
Lego Star Wars

PS2 system with 3 games was $15, so I had to get it.

Oh, and I found an N64 controller for $1, so I had to pick that up too.  My N64 controllers are pretty shoddy, but this one felt practically new.

So, it was a pretty good haul this weekend.  Looking about like a typical week for theflea ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:13:17 am by blipcs76 »

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:50 pm »
Haha, all those James Ponds are ridiculous...

Just got my preordered copy of Etrian Odyssey Untold, but I'm gonna have to find another store to exchange it with.  My local shop only had one copy (I guess I was the only preorder? Totally strange), and it was kind of squashed and part of the plastic wrap has a tear in it (right in the middle of the front).

I just put in an order with Amazon in hopes that I can get a more pristine version *fingers crossed* but I might still try to hit up another shop to see if I can switch out my copy before they tear them open and put their GS stickers on the box.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2013, 10:06:04 pm »

I'm not looking to get much, $3 (what this cost me) should be fine, but... man, the postage is like $11 to Canada for a one pound package. :\

Do you have a PayPal account?
can you save it for me, i cant pay for it now

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »
Hooray, my copy of Etrian Odyssey Untold was waiting for me when I got home from work!