Author Topic: Konami vs. Capcom, Who Do You Prefer?  (Read 2328 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Konami vs. Capcom, Who Do You Prefer?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:51 pm »
I hear a lot of you pointing out Capcom's follies of the last few years. And as a big Capcom fan, I unfortunately have to  very grudgingly agree. The Street Fighter IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mega Man 9 & 10, and the Bionic Commando: Rearmed games are the last great games they've done, it's been a few years since those came out.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »
i have no idea. both have created some great games.
i think capcom might just edge it for me thou. but thats a hard question

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »
I hear a lot of you pointing out Capcom's follies of the last few years. And as a big Capcom fan, I unfortunately have to  very grudgingly agree. The Street Fighter IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mega Man 9 & 10, and the Bionic Commando: Rearmed games are the last great games they've done, it's been a few years since those came out.

im really enjoying dragons dogma at the moment.

insektmute

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 02:49:28 pm »
Capcom. Whether it's their classic stuff, or even more recent releases, and regardless of genre, their games have this indescribable feel that is distinctly Capcom. A house "flavor" so to speak. Even their worst games have a tendency to be at least relatively fun to play, too.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 06:23:21 pm »
Capcom,  even though I tend to complain and hate them.  One of the main things I collect and look for is Monster Hunter related items. My favorite Capcom franchise. I have every American release and most of the art books (full art books few item guides, just the Bradys from 2004 and the MH3G Bible JP).  There is a huge market in Japan but not so much in the western world so I tend to have to import my items which gets very costly (amazon.co.jp is about 40 to ship to the US, 3-5 days. I tend to order a lot if I find this is the cheapest way at the time. Tends to be cheaper than Amazon and ebay.

Right now I've been slowly collecting the japanese mang/novels done by Ryuuta Fuse. His work on Monster Hunter for Capcom is the best and the most faithful to the franchise. You can really tell he knows the subject.  The Monster Hunter Orage on the other hand... the only series to get translated and released to the west, is a shadow of what Ryuuta has done.

tldr rant: Capcom! Bring more Monster Hunter to the west!

darko

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:24 am »
Konami - can't help it, my favorite series is MGS.

lordscott

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 07:49:29 am »
Sorry for a late reply as for me it's tough one for me as well like i have favorite game or at least 2 favorites of konami or maybe more and for capcom i favorite games too as well and fellow members yes I'm also saying street fighter games being one of my many favorite games and one of my many favorite anime series and one of my many favorite anime movies.

Sorry i kinda love them equally hard to choose sorry i can't choose :)