Author Topic: Phantasy Star IV  (Read 2059 times)

Re: Phantasy Star IV
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:24:59 am »
I unlocked and started Phantasy Star 1 yesterday, (almost played Sonic and Sonic 2 for much longer, forgot how fun those were), and I like it so far. I am not very far at all, just left town and fought some battles to get a few levels. I like that enemies animate for such an older RPG, I don't recall any of the earlier Final Fantasies having that. Unless I am missing something, it doesn't really tell you were to go. I know I am looking for a guy named Odin, and there is a spaceport to the west, but I feel like I have missed something somewhere.

Anyways, looking forward to the series, I think it'll be quite fun, thanks guys.

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:41:29 am »
I unlocked and started Phantasy Star 1 yesterday, (almost played Sonic and Sonic 2 for much longer, forgot how fun those were), and I like it so far. I am not very far at all, just left town and fought some battles to get a few levels. I like that enemies animate for such an older RPG, I don't recall any of the earlier Final Fantasies having that. Unless I am missing something, it doesn't really tell you were to go. I know I am looking for a guy named Odin, and there is a spaceport to the west, but I feel like I have missed something somewhere.

Anyways, looking forward to the series, I think it'll be quite fun, thanks guys.

Odin is in a cave below the town where you start.  he is turned to stone.  once you get the passport, you have to fly to another planet and get myau the cat who has a special power which you play on odin in the cave and he comes alive and joins your quest.  thats generally what you do

sin2beta

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 03:54:56 pm »
it doesn't really tell you were to go... I feel like I have missed something somewhere.

You have perfectly described the first Phantasy Star.

This is the "problem" with Phantasy Star. It can be really rewarding, but insanely difficult. I'm not a person to typically recommend a FAQ. But with Phantasy Star, it can be nice. The next move can be impossible to figure out sometimes.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 05:44:39 pm »
That is THE reason why I sold off my original copy of the GBA collection. I'm no handholdy RPGer but damn that game was a lot of nothing as far as direction.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread