Author Topic: Drakengard 3 coming to US / EU in 2014  (Read 1033 times)

doctorlaudanum

Drakengard 3 coming to US / EU in 2014
« on: October 10, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23952-square-enix-announces-drakengard-3-will-be-localized-for-the-west-zeros-coming/

This pleases me.

Let's just hope they don't censor it like they did the first one.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Drakengard 3 coming to US / EU in 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »
I loved the first one. But was a little disappointed in the sequel. I hope the 3rd can live up the 1st one.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 03:03:50 pm »
Never played any of them yet.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:37:46 am »
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23952-square-enix-announces-drakengard-3-will-be-localized-for-the-west-zeros-coming/

This pleases me.

Let's just hope they don't censor it like they did the first one.

Hahaha!

Believe it or not - apologist that you are :P - I actually thought of you when I 1st heard the news about this  ;)

Any luck w/ the NIER OST?

Speaking of...wasn't *NIER* really "Drakengard 3?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »
I reallyreallyreally want this, in part because it looks like it tries to bring together aspects of Nier and Drakengard. It's too early to say if it'll succeed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »
Hahaha!

Believe it or not - apologist that you are :P - I actually thought of you when I 1st heard the news about this  ;)

I'm... I'm not sure how to respond to this. XD

Any luck w/ the NIER OST?

Speaking of...wasn't *NIER* really "Drakengard 3?!

Still haven't ordered the OST, but it's on my list. Nier was more like a spin-off with really tenuous ties to the most bizarre ending of the original Drakengard. It still amazes me that Cavia was able to take such an insane premise and turn it into something that was not only coherent, but genuinely good.

I reallyreallyreally want this, in part because it looks like it tries to bring together aspects of Nier and Drakengard. It's too early to say if it'll succeed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I'm especially curious to see how they will connect it to Drakengard 2, not because I like D2 — quite the opposite, in fact — but because I'd love to see how that lunatic Taro Yoko would handle the only game in the series he wasn't directly involved in. Just imagine his take on Nowe!

I'm not going to deny that Drakengard 3 is probably going to have a lot of flaws, but I look forward to it regardless. It's being developed by the team behind Deadly Premonition — one of my other favorite games of all time — and they're actually bringing back the creative minds behind Nier. It was like this game was tailor-made for me.

Plus, the fact that Square Enix is actually willing to support another Drakengard game means that a proper Nier sequel may be in our future, so there's that. ;D

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:03:10 pm »
I would punch like 10000 babies in the face for more of Nier and Kainé.

The beauty of Nier is that, like most Cavia games, it's full of flaws, but the heart and dedication the developers put into it is incredibly apparent. Of course, I'm also one of like 2 people who loved Bullet Witch, so I'm obviously in a very strange minority of people :p

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:21:44 pm »
I haven't played Bullet Witch and know almost nothing about it, but I should really give it a spin one of the days. Cavia games are a trip. Isn't it kind of like a poor man's Bayonetta?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:23:55 pm by doctorlaudanum »

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 04:02:11 pm »
Hrm, it's hard to compare Bullet Witch. Perspective is mostly over-the-shoulder, but pans out when you do dodge moves and stuff. You have a huge gun as your main weapon, but then can unleash ridiculously huge magic attacks that can do things like blow up an entire gas station or whip up a whirlwind. Apart from the magic stuff, the closest comparison I can think of is something like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on PS2... but that's another underrated Cavia game.