Author Topic: Projected Valuable/Rare Titles  (Read 4059 times)

Projected Valuable/Rare Titles
« on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:51 am »
Ive recently started piking up cheaper current gen games that I believe will be harder to find in the next few years.  What games do you think will be rare for the ps3, wii, and 360.  Please put the name, a reason you believe. Will be rare, and the amount of copies sold.

Afrika PS3
This game is essentially Pokemon Snap in the safari. Based on its low sales but fairly interesting gameplay I believe this game is not on a lot of people's radar at this time.

Sold 104,000 copies in the US and 200,000 global

Please stay on topic and actually give examples
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:41:50 am by ffmaniac2050 »

Re: Projected Rare Titles
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:24:50 am »
Nintendo license games, not "rare" but expensive, The Last Story and Xenoblade
As for the rest, I cant really say

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:39 am »
wii shovelware: shovelware is made and marketed for cheep and then after a few months ,it is meant to be thrown out in garbage by the customer, these games are cheep now but as more and more of these games get thrown out, the rarer they will get and more valuable they will be.

the wii will not be the first console ware the shovelware is the most valuable, just look at some of the games on the atari 2600 and the prices on some of the worst and mediocre games on the system 

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:02:50 pm »
wii shovelware: shovelware is made and marketed for cheep and then after a few months ,it is meant to be thrown out in garbage by the customer, these games are cheep now but as more and more of these games get thrown out, the rarer they will get and more valuable they will be.

the wii will not be the first console ware the shovelware is the most valuable, just look at some of the games on the atari 2600 and the prices on some of the worst and mediocre games on the system

You hit on my philosophy as well. There's crappy shovelware like the kids games and party mixes, and there's decent shovelware. Those are the ones that will become rarer and sought after. I have a couple like Dino Strike and Trackmania as well as Pool Hall Pro (still looking for this one) that are pretty good games that you don't see very often.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:04:56 pm »
Ive recently started piking up cheaper current gen games that I believe will be harder to find in the next few years.  What games do you think will be rare for the ps3, wii, and 360.  Please put the name, a reason you believe. Will be rare, and the amount of copies sold.

Afrika PS3
This game is essentially Pokemon Snap in the safari. Based on its low sales but fairly interesting gameplay I believe this game is not on a lot of people's radar at this time.

Where did you get these figures? Is there a website that tracks game sales for each system?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 12:09:11 pm »
Interesting topic - I'll be keeping my eye on it & likely adding to it later...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

Afrika PS3

Where did you get these figures? Is there a website that tracks game sales for each system?

Vgchartz actually has individual game sales.  I just searched "Afrika ps3 sales figures" on google and t came up.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 12:43:59 pm »

You hit on my philosophy as well. There's crappy shovelware like the kids games and party mixes, and there's decent shovelware. Those are the ones that will become rarer and sought after. I have a couple like Dino Strike and Trackmania as well as Pool Hall Pro (still looking for this one) that are pretty good games that you don't see very often.
I've been doing this as well.  There's little to no loss on picking up shovelware since most of them are less than $5 locally.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 01:26:51 pm »
I'll just say for now that, IMO, you can't really go wrong with holding onto any *SEALED* LE's of anything by NIS America and/or Atlus.

I'd expect that - such LE's will be this generation's LUNAR LE's of the PS1 generation.

Same goes for the manuals to said games...Shit, I remember seeing certain Lunar strategy guides going for around the same price as the games/LE's themselves  :o

karyann

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »

Afrika PS3

Oh man thanks for remembering me of that game! A friend showed it to me once, and I've wanted it ever since, but I had completely forgotten the title.

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »
I don't think you can have projected rare titles, from the moment a game a released it is either rare or not. To me for a game to be considered rare it should have a production run of less than 5,000.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 03:40:21 pm »
I don't think you can have projected rare titles, from the moment a game a released it is either rare or not. To me for a game to be considered rare it should have a production run of less than 5,000.

I think that he was using "rare" as also just meaning 'hard to find'.

While FF VII was (believe it or not) certainly not rare (since millions of copies were sold/are floating around out there) - it *was* PRICED as a rare & hard to find game.

jcalder8

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 04:06:49 pm »

While FF VII was (believe it or not) certainly not rare (since millions of copies were sold/are floating around out there) - it *was* PRICED as a rare & hard to find game.
FF VII is neither rare nor hard to find so is he asking about future valuable titles?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 04:46:13 pm »

FF VII is neither rare nor hard to find

Right...Like I said - it was *PRICED* like a rare/hard to find game for a good while

so is he asking about future valuable titles

That was the impression/understanding that I got...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:49:29 pm by disgaeniac »

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 07:46:21 pm »
Two games that I have been a little surprised with:

1) Futurama - XBox - Kinda hard to find. Not horrible. Great license. For an XBox game, kinda expensive. $20 is really good. Usually priced between 25 and 40 and climbing.

2) Deadly Premonition - 360 - This is a total guess, I'll admit. Well, not quite a guess.... maybe a premonition. ;D I expect this to be huge later. Huge cult classic. Great game. Not many made. This is kinda tricky to find as well. It's been on my list for a while... Of course I can buy it on ebay anytime. But even then, the selection isn't great and it does get noticed.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c