Author Topic: Wario's Woods Price  (Read 894 times)

Wario's Woods Price
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:53:22 am »
Anyone else not shocked by how Wario's Woods sells for so cheap compared to other Late NES titles? (not saying that there aren't few that sell for less than 10$)

It was the last Game Released on the NES and I never see many US Copies of the game in stock at any given time compared to other games.

I hate saying this, but I almost see opportunity for the re-sellers to take advantage of this title. It is nothing more than a simple puzzle game, but then again look at the other titles selling for 40+ dollars. It doesn't seem game quality is the biggest determinant here.

Got my copy for 12$ last week. Currently on Ebay I see it as low as 13$. As well as amazon and half, lukie games (when lukie has it in stock).

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Wario's Woods Price
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:19 am »
Wario's Woods is way more plentiful than most late release games. I've never seen a Bubble Bobble 2 in the wild, but my local game store has 5 copies of Wario's Woods. Jungle Book was another extremely late release, but it's less than $20 too.
The ones that are expensive had limited print runs. They weren't near popular at the time of release as a first party nintendo title.

Re: Wario's Woods Price
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:19 am »
Properly because its not that good of a game.
Well I shouldn't say that. As far as puzzle games goes it's decent. With that said it's a puzzle game. They typically don't have as big of an appeal as platforms or shoot 'em ups do. In the end its always about demand. Rarity or age doesn't equal price.
Take a look at Earthbound. According to Price Charting, four CIB copies of Earthbound sell every week at an average price of 400 US dollars, and three loose copies a day @ 126 US dollars. On VGCollect there's almost 300 people who have it in their collection. It is by no means rare. Compare this to Chase the Chuck Wagon on Atari 2600. Last year there were only two copies sold complete in box @ $550 and two loose copies sold a month @ $88. On CGCollect there are only four people who have it in their collection.
Chase the Chuck Wagon is far rarer than Earthbound but comparatively the prices are much lower. Because there isn't as much interest in the Atari 2600 right now there's no demand to drive up the prices. Price Charting isn't 100% accurate of course, but their figures give you a decent ballpark idea.
Unfortunately because Wario's Woods isn't main stream enough or wasn't excessively great in any way the cost is rightfully low. And as mentioned above it's not super, super, super rare either.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:45:44 pm by badATchaos »