Author Topic: How many do you consider to many games?  (Read 5792 times)

kashell

Re: How many do you consider to many games?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 06:42:25 pm »
Speaking of space, I'm wondering the best way to deal with all of these collector's boxes. The majority of mine are in drawers or in storage in the attic, which is a shame because they're so nice looking.

azure

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 07:12:40 pm »
Speaking of space, I'm wondering the best way to deal with all of these collector's boxes. The majority of mine are in drawers or in storage in the attic, which is a shame because they're so nice looking.
Oh I feel your pain, I love the things, but they take up so much space. I have mine neatly organized in my closet at this point in time.

HarvestDude

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 10:36:01 pm »
I think when you have more games than time to play them, you already have too many, regardless of quantity... :D

HarvestDude™

Warmsignal

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 10:24:02 pm »
Probably like 50.

doafan

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 09:55:56 am »
Probably like 50.

Are you serious ?, if you think 50 are to many yo can give me the rest that you have  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

necrosexual

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »
having a bunch of random shitty games for the sake of having a collection 'artificially' inflated (quantity over quality) but then

i have fucking a bug's life on ps1 lmao
and i got it for a dollar and i just couldn't say no to a dollar lmao.

and i'll admit i see full NES collections and get jelly af even tho i don't ever ever ever want a full nes library because it's 80% trash.
if i saw a full wii collection i'd be jelly too, even tho that shit is 95% trash.

so idk. on one hand i think it's worthless and 'too much' and on the other i think it's the coolest damn shit... maybe it's just my age.

like i could say 'alphaomegasin has too many damn games' and i know he'll never play half of them no less complete them... but some people collect bottle caps, yo, and you can't use those for shit. my grandfather has so many bottle caps (gonna rob his ass if fallout becomes irl, sorry pops) but that's just what he... DOES. my grandmother has sea shells. hundreds of thousands of shells.
so yeah, i want to say there is a 'too much' but i know how 'the itch' works. sometimes i get 'the itch' to play a truly god-awful game, or a complete piece of trash shovelware for the lulz, or a specific shitty game, or whatever.
so having some trash games in the collection is never too bad an idea.

basically, too hard to say.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:21:08 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 09:05:00 pm »
Never too many lol. Always a game needed. Always a game you haven't tried. Limits are rules. and rules suck.  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 02:42:41 am »
When someone asks, "How many games do you need?"; I say, "If you know how many you have, you don't have enough." 

Thanks to VGCollect.com, I always know how many games I have.  8)

rayne315

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 11:10:40 am »

mine are currently in storage just because I cant trust butting them on my current shelves (they are really cheap) but I plan on putting them on top of my shelves in the gap between them and the ceiling and tetrising them to fit with no gaps to the back wall.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 11:30:46 am »
I hate the thought of putting them in an attic where it gets so hot, but they take up too much damned space.  I may go buy some totes and start stuffing them in totes to go in one of my attics.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 12:15:03 am »
 I know its a tough decision but be carefull what you store in the attic it will destroy your stuff i would hate to see anyones collection damaged

kashell

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 08:26:37 am »
My attic is well protected and insulated, so I'm not too worried about those getting heavily damaged. Something I like to do is consolidate by putting smaller boxes into bigger ones. For instance, the two LEs for Xillia and Xillia 2 are massive and able to store a bunch of the smaller ones.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:53 am »
I know its a tough decision but be carefull what you store in the attic it will destroy your stuff i would hate to see anyones collection damaged
I'm getting ready to have my roof re-done and I'm thinking I may see about getting ridge vents installed (I think that's what they are called) because they keep the attic cooler in general.  and I'm hoping that storing them in totes will protect them from any bugs or if the roof leaks for some crazy reason.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »
I've had my collection in a garage since September, it's now over 100 degrees on a regular basis. So far, so good, nothing damaged (knocks on wood).

Next tax-return, we're using the money to convert some of the space in the garage into a proper room.

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 06:43:19 pm »

mine are currently in storage just because I cant trust butting them on my current shelves (they are really cheap) but I plan on putting them on top of my shelves in the gap between them and the ceiling and tetrising them to fit with no gaps to the back wall.

That's exactly what I did with mine :D