Author Topic: Canadian dollar tanked: boarder states rejoice  (Read 1715 times)

Canadian dollar tanked: boarder states rejoice
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
Currently the exchange rate is at .91! I being from boarder town am excited. Time to stop by my friendly Canadian Walmart and pick up some games.

htimreimer

Re: Canadian dollar tanked: boarder states rejoice
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:30 pm »
this sucks for me, i live in canada and anything considered an import, will cost me more :(

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:40:42 am »
The USD/CAD market is the most fluctuating market on Earth. You say it tanked like this doesn't happen all the time :p It won't stay like that for long, especially with how America's economic case is getting more dangerous every month. If the CAD doesn't go up any time soon, the USD will probably go down because of other influences.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »
Currently the exchange rate is at .91! I being from boarder town am excited. Time to stop by my friendly Canadian Walmart and pick up some games.
You do realize that games in Canada are going to be around $10 CDN more expensive than the standard US MSRP?

You're not saving money. Canucks are getting screwed either way.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »
Very true, although selling to US buyers via ebay or forums is worth more now, so there are pluses :D

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
thankfully the canadian dollar will go up, the mall and brick & mortar store market is booming here in canada and a lot of american,european and other countries retailers are investing in to the booming canadian retail market

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »
Very true, although selling to US buyers via ebay or forums is worth more now, so there are pluses :D
The crappy postage costs from and to Canuckivania kills all the profits. :P

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »
of course it goes up and down but it's been about/on par for quite a few years now. As for suddenly jacking up the prices by 10 dollars, that doesn't really happen. Maybe a small mom & pop store but not department stores. I'm sure they'd do that if the exchange remained poor for a year or something but just for a week or something? - Nope.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:17:21 pm by badATchaos »

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »
of course it goes up and down but it's been about/on par for quite a few years now. As for suddenly jacking up the prices by 10 dollars, that doesn't really happen.

Oh really? IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING.

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/price-of-new-video-games-in-canada-might-raise-between-5-and-10/

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:56:51 pm »
Oh really? IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING.

JESUS! NNNOOOOOO!!!!!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c