Author Topic: Game & Watch Listings  (Read 3500 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Game & Watch Listings
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »
Im just wondering why Game & watch is in different list then LCD games. They are almost the same with the bandai's, the commodore's, the vtech's, etc.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:18 pm »
Im just wondering why Game & watch is in different list then LCD games. They are almost the same with the bandai's, the commodore's, the vtech's, etc.
Game & Watch are a brand/line under Nintendo's, so that makes them deserving of their own section, no questions asked. Not to mention, there were some generic LCD games made by Nintendo that were not in the Game and Watch line, so they're not getting special Nintendo treatment or anything. Also, with enough entries by a certain brand, it can get its own section, like Tiger. I'm not against a Vtech addition, since I have a CIB Master Video Painter, so I'd suggest asking Matt to make the section(s) you believe are missing, by going to this thread. Bear in mind, there should be a good amount of entries or a promise of a good amount before requesting it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:53:41 pm by exonerator »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 01:53:17 pm »
Im not into game & watch or lcd. So no request from me.

On that note, there is a other request of me over there  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:43:53 pm by fazerco »

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »
huh... it does kind bring up the idea:
Should Tiger LCD, Konami LCD be placed under LCD Games? Similar to Virtual Boy being under Nintendo Other.

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »
I think Virtual Boy needs to get moved out of Nintendo other and into its own cat, for sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 12:07:23 am »
I think Virtual Boy needs to get moved out of Nintendo other and into its own cat, for sure.

I agree with this.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:46 am »
just for the... 22 games for it?

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »
just for the... 22 games for it?
Well, it's not really an afterthought like Mini Classics, it was a real retail handheld console... Even though it only had 22 games. I'd say we leave this one up to debate before taking action.

scott

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »
My line of thought is that it was a full blown retail console, so it should more than likely have it's own parent cat. Even though it completely bombed in the market and only a handful of games were released isn't a big deal.

tpugmire

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »
I agree, Virtual Boy should have its own category. Were there any accessories for it besides the power adapter thingy?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »
My line of thought is that it was a full blown retail console, so it should more than likely have it's own parent cat. Even though it completely bombed in the market and only a handful of games were released isn't a big deal.
Yeah, this is just about my line of thought.

I agree, Virtual Boy should have its own category. Were there any accessories for it besides the power adapter thingy?
Yes.

tpugmire

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:59 pm »
So I suppose we should add an accessories category while we're at it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »
I can add the parent cat for Virtual Boy, but Matt's the one to do the code magic needed to move it from Nintendo Other to a new one. I'm not sure if he's around this weekend of not though, I haven't talked to him all day.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 12:35:20 am »
The only accessories I know of was the Battery Pack, AC Adapter, and an official carrying case. I'm not sure but I think they might have sold spare stands as well. If they did it would be uber rare.