Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34595 times)

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »
Found this today for $20. Not an incredible deal, but much better than Ebay. Haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or use it as trade bait though.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:03 am »
Picked up Corpse Killer for the 32XCD sealed off of eBay (finally arrived). Also scored a Sega Mega Mouse while I was out and about. That finishes off the three items I so desperately wanted years ago when I read about them in Sega Visions magazine (the Activator, Mega Mouse and an XBAND modem). Now I just need to dig out some games that work with the mouse.  ;D

bobster

« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21:42 am »
Found this today for $20. Not an incredible deal, but much better than Ebay. Haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or use it as trade bait though.

Nice find! I never seem to find any Mega Man games other than the 2nd one.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2014, 08:43:13 am »
Mega Man 1 is the only MM game I've ever finished.

As a kid.

When I had far more patience.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2014, 08:51:03 am »

As a kid.

I'm not sure which ones I beat as a kid. I remember playing at least parts of all of the NES ones. I know I consistently beat the X series on SNES.

I went through the 2nd one about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It wasn't so bad! I even beat it on difficult. It was not my intent to play it on hard, but I thought the start screen said "difficulty" as in, "select a difficult", then when it started up, I just played lol.

It does take some patience, but I found that with enough perseverance, you really just learn the stages better and it's not too bad.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »
GUYS I BOUGHT SKYRIM FOR PC FOR $2

AND THE KEY WAS USED

SO I WASTED TWO BUCKS ON A GAME THAT DIDN'T WORK

... what, I figured I'd take a gamble. :P

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2014, 03:00:08 pm »
GUYS I BOUGHT SKYRIM FOR PC FOR $2

AND THE KEY WAS USED

SO I WASTED TWO BUCKS ON A GAME THAT DIDN'T WORK

... what, I figured I'd take a gamble. :P

Was it a physical copy? If so just get it from Steam when the next sales come around and you got yourself a nice boxed game to keep in the shelf for 2$ I guess.

argyle

« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »
I went to a yard sale last year where a kid (teenager - kid to me :P ) was standing next to a box full of recent boxed PC games.  They had all been opened, of course, so I ask him "have the keys been used for these games?"  He looks confused & says something like "iunno, but you can still play offline if they have."  I tell him no, if the keys have been used you can't do anything with them - they're worthless.  He just stared at me blankly, so I left.  Probably unloaded them on some other poor sap.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »

As a kid.

If you can beat the first game, you can beat any of them. The first Mega Man is so freaking hard!

foxhack

« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2014, 03:51:23 pm »
I went to a yard sale last year where a kid (teenager - kid to me :P ) was standing next to a box full of recent boxed PC games.  They had all been opened, of course, so I ask him "have the keys been used for these games?"  He looks confused & says something like "iunno, but you can still play offline if they have."  I tell him no, if the keys have been used you can't do anything with them - they're worthless.  He just stared at me blankly, so I left.  Probably unloaded them on some other poor sap.
Not all games force you to register online to play them, you know. :p

argyle

« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »
Not all games force you to register online to play them, you know. :p

The games I remember that stood out to me were some Blizzard games like Diablo 3 - it was definitely stuff that once you registered the key, it was yours. 

foxhack

« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:36 pm »
The games I remember that stood out to me were some Blizzard games like Diablo 3 - it was definitely stuff that once you registered the key, it was yours.
Oh, definitely. If the box says "THIS REQUIRES ONLINE ACTIVATION, AN ANIMAL SACRIFICE, AND AN ACCOUNT BLAH BLAH BLAH" then there's little point in buying used stuff. But sometimes, just sometimes... you can get lucky. ;)

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2014, 06:41:30 pm »
Got my two homebrew Atariage games in the mail - Frenzy for the 7800 complete in box (with a fridge magnet!) and Fall Down which is a very simple but addicting little game. Great as a two player but the AI is very good too.

Also found a bare NES deck for $5.99 at Value Village and especially cool was this little Tiger Marble Madness handheld from 1989

jobocan

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »
Just got a copy of The Guided Fate Paradox (took my sweet time getting that one), and also this thing:

Not usually that much into figurines (a lot of the ones I have were gifts), but I couldn't not get that one at some point.

argyle

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2014, 07:28:44 pm »
Was a good mail day today.  :)