Author Topic: worst Mario Kart course(s) ?  (Read 1249 times)

worst Mario Kart course(s) ?
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:02:55 pm »
Whether its the theme, the music or the design, there's all kinds of memorable tracks found in the Mario Kart series. With that said there are some stinkers out there that just don't satisfy me on any level. Maybe there wasn't enough imagination put into the design, or maybe its one of those they threw in just because they needed to cover all the major themes (Ice, Desert, Stadium, etc).

I've been playing Double Dash recently. I haven't really played it in 6-7 years so its kind of interesting to see how my own perception of the game has changed. After playing I have to say my least favorite course out of any Mario Kart games (not including arcade versions) has to be MKDD's Sherbet Land. I find the Shy Guys are kind of knocking off the penguins from the 64 version of Sherbet Land. The Freezie obstacles near the end are easy to avoid. No real variation in the kinds of turns. The overall design is somewhat dull. I feel the track was almost tacked on because they needed an Ice themed level. I don't know.... I just can't seem to see anything that stands out or is redeeming about this track.

Is there any Mario Kart tracks that sticks out to you as a bad egg?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:20:30 pm by badATchaos »

pacpix

Re: worst Mario Kart course(s) ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »
I really hate the Ice level in Super Mario Kart.  The little ice cubes all over the place keep bumping me backwards and slide me into the water.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:19 pm »
Forgive me... But Im not a big fan of any of the Rainbow Road courses

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:24 pm »
Forgive me... But Im not a big fan of any of the Rainbow Road courses

Fair enough. They can be tricky, and if you're zooming around fast enough some players might get seizures.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:22 pm »
on double dash im not a huge fan of the tiny track that has about 7 laps.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »
Toad's Turnpike in Mario Kart 64 when you are doing the Extra (Mirror mode) cup.

OH GUD.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:49:25 am »
I've never liked the haunted levels, espeically in Mario Kart 64. Can't remember the name of the course though.