Author Topic: Using a GameShark to Play Import Saturn Games  (Read 1380 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Using a GameShark to Play Import Saturn Games
« on: March 22, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »
I was wondering if anyone here knows if this is possible or not. I know you can with a Saturn Action Replay. And a GameShark is just the U.S. version of an Action Replay, from what I understand. So I assume it should work. I have a GameShark, but not an Action Replay.

But before I go on the search for import games, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it actually works or not. Does anyone here have the means to test this theory?

(BTW, I understand that even if it does work, without the extra RAM feature on the 4-in-1, I won't be able to play those games.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:02:37 pm by burningdoom »

thecrypticodor

Re: Using a GameShark to Play Import Saturn Games
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:16:35 pm »
I always heard that it does play imports and that the action replay just uses a modified version of the game shark software.
There are a quite a few imports that use the ram carts here is a list of compatible games that use them. http://segaretro.org/Extended_RAM_Cartridge Unless you never care about playing any of these than the Game Sharks for you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:42:56 pm by thecrypticodor »

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:30:49 pm »
It works.  I have a Game Shark for my Saturn

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:05:09 am »
I always heard that it does play imports and that the action replay just uses a modified version of the game shark software.
There are a quite a few imports that use the ram carts here is a list of compatible games that use them. http://segaretro.org/Extended_RAM_Cartridge Unless you never care about playing any of these than the Game Sharks for you.

Most of the RAM cart games are fighting games. Being that I'm not the biggest fighting game fan in the world, and I already own the Saturn GameShark, I can be content with just having the PS1 versions of those if I come across them. I'm only really interested in the Capcom fighters when it comes those.

Thanks for the help, guys.  :)