Author Topic: Information Already on File ?  (Read 668 times)

Information Already on File ?
« on: August 19, 2016, 09:05:35 am »
I am trying to get the Disney Infinity figures updated to match the style guide as mentioned in a previous post. I submitted a bunch of changes yesterday and they were rejected saying "Information Already on File." What does this mean, this would make sense to me if someone had beat me to the edit but the title did not get updated.

Thanks for any help, I am just trying to get these all corrected.

Example: http://vgcollect.com/item/75470
The title says "Hawkeye - Disney Infinity 2.0 Figure" and I updated it to" Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes - Hawkeye"

tripredacus

Re: Information Already on File ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:39:13 am »
Sometimes we have a situation where the edit needs to be rejected but there isn't a good reason for us to pick from.

I do not know who had rejected your edit, but I fixed the title. Thanks for posting about it.

"Information Already on file" can apply to the situation you outline. Also there are times people try to edit the name of something without really changing it. One example is an item without an actual title, like a swag item or something that does not have text on it, or something without standard packaging, a person may change the name to something that is similar to the existing name.

Another case where that response can be used is for when edits to romanized titles are made.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:21 am »
Thanks tripredacus.

Should I resubmit all the other ones that I did, there were about 15 more.

Also, is there a way to tell if you have any pending review?

Thanks

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 12:01:24 pm »
I don't think there is currently a way to see what items you have submitted that are pending review. But i mean, the queue is empty right now so I can tell you it is zero.  ;)