Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle  (Read 1166 times)

argyle

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:34 am »
Looks like this has a release date now of the 29th of this month.  I'm really excited about it, not so much because I'm a JoJo's BA fan, but more because it's developed by CyberConnect2 - the guys behind the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm games and the incredible-but-overlooked Asura's Wrath.  :D 

Anyway, I have a question for anyone that might be familiar with the Japanese game -  if you preorder Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ASB from Amazon you get the exclusive character "Shigekiyo Yangu".  If you preorder from Namco, you get "Yoshikage Kira".  Anyone know if one of these is better than the other?  I'm considering preordering from Namco because they'll give you 50% off any "anime" game, and $20 for Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst seems like a really good deal.

For anyone NOT familiar with it, you can only get the physical release from those 2 retailers.  Otherwise it's digital only.  Also, the US release is supposed to be the "definitive" release - they added a story mode not present in the Japanese release and also incorporated some balance tweaks that were released as a patch to the Japanese version.  Here's a trailer:

EDIT:  Anyone know why that YouTube vid isn't showing in the post?   ???

EDIT:  Got it!  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:23:26 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:07 am »
One of the kids at my school's video game club has this game and all of the dlcs. I'll ask him and get back to you.

Also, thanks for pointing out that you can only get a physical copy from two retailers. I didn't know that D:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:46:02 am by instantreplay »

argyle

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:50:52 am »
Awesome, thanks!  :D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:48:53 pm »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iONE5aQLcxM[/youtube]

EDIT:  Anyone know why that YouTube vid isn't showing in the post?   ???

Use the link provided in the share option under the video.

Anyways I'm fucking excited about the game. I've watched the recent anime which I highly recommend and I'm currently reading the 3rd arc of the manga which is what this game is based on.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »
I asked him and he said Yoshikage Kira

argyle

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »
K, someone on another board I frequent said the same thing.  So that combined w/ the Full Burst deal makes it sound like Namco is the way to go.  :D