Author Topic: The lost art of shipping a video game  (Read 4273 times)

karyann

Re: The lost art of shipping a video game
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »
It's not just individuals tho - I received my Conception II from Best Buy today, also in a bubble mailer.  So who wants to guess what happened to the *cardboard box* the game is in during shipping?  If you guessed "crushed flat", you win!  And I lose!  It's going back to BB tomorrow - I called GS, they have one in store that they're holding for me.  I'll pay more for it, but at least it won't be damaged.
Amazon shipped my Conception II in a bubble mailer too, but it arrived safe and sound, in perfect condition. Funny enough, Bravely Default was sent to me in a box and was crushed. Weird stuff seems to happen in transit :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »
What I hate the most about USPS is the whole insurance thing. They use it as a get out of jail free card if you don't buy it. Like whatever damage they do, no matter how severe or idiotic the reason, is not their fault because you didn't buy insurance. That really drives me nuts.

One time I got a game just crammed into my letter box, when there's a freaking package box literally a foot away! That's completely the stupid mailman's fault, and I literally got into an arguing match with the post office manager who didn't back down from the insurance thing. >:(
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:17:50 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:19 pm »
What I hate the most about USPS is the whole insurance thing. They use it as a get out of jail free card if you don't buy it. Like whatever damage they do, no matter how severe or idiotic the reason, is not their fault because you didn't buy insurance. That really drives me nuts.

One time I got a game just crammed into my letter box, when there's a freaking package box a literally a foot away! That's completely the stupid mailman's fault, and I literally got into an arguing match with the post office manager who didn't back down from the insurance thing. >:(

I hope you called the regional postmaster.

Local postmasters don't give a fuck. Yell at their bosses instead.