Author Topic: Midwest Gaming Classic  (Read 1080 times)

theflea

Midwest Gaming Classic
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:31:50 pm »
Just got home from the Midwest Gaming Classic and I'm exhausted.

When I got there I noticed a huge white tent and thought "That's new, wonder what they are holding there?"
And it was pretty much where all the vendors where. It started to rain real bad that the vendor floor started to flood then all the power went out, yay looking for games in a dark tent. lol

I was disappointed in how the vendor room was only this tent, in the past there was vendors in a large room inside the hotel and there was vendors all over the place. Lot more little vendors, this time it was pretty much 6-8 large tables that wrapped around where big and small vendors sharing this space. I also found a lot more vendors at full Ebay Prices or over then in the past. But there where still many willing to make deals with you.

While I was looking at a vendors table I noticed someone next to me I recognized right away, It was a famous YouTuber most all of us has watched at some point, it was Gamester81. First thing i said was "Well there's a face I recognize!", I briefly talked to him while looking at games and told him how I bought his homebrew Colecovision game and he was so thankful for the support. I wish I could have talked with him longer but I was there to find games first. lol

So after walking through large puddles of water and fighting the crowd in a dim lit tent. I found quite a few things at some fair prices and even a new rare game console to add to my collection. I'll post my finds in Aprils pick-ups forum later.  ;)
I met up with a fellow buddy/collector there and He wanted so bad the Little Samson empty box but the guy wanted $400 for it. twice what he wanted to pay, so he decided to pass. I saw many things I wish I could have picked up, many Neo Geo AES games (drool). There was also a very rare console there I owned and wanted to buy the games from it but the seller didn't want to separate the games from the console even though I offered a very fair price for them. I left him my Email and I do hope he changes his mind. He said he might if it didn't sell after the show. 

After I was done with the vendor I checked the inside of the hotel and mostly found the usual console/arcade/pinball tournaments, Checked out the Museum and kind of found it smaller then past shows, At least it felt like it. There was a lot of cool stuff to see and got to play some of them a bit.

Once me and my friend was tired and pretty much spent, we decided to hit some of the local game stores in the area and did find a couple things but nothing great. Then we made the long trip home and now I'm going to take a nap then test/clean and play some on my booty later.

If you went to the Midwest Gaming Classic tell your experience below. I'd love to hear it.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:38:38 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Re: Midwest Gaming Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »
Sounds like a really good time, would be cool to go to a big gaming event like that.

ziondood

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:42 am »
I'm here at the Johnny Cee Cards Booth in the Vendor Hall!
Stop by and say hi if you're here!! :) I'm wearing a Grey Power Rangers hoodie!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:11:32 pm »
Where is the Midwest Gaming Classic?  And for the love of all things don't say "in the Midwest".

theflea

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »
Its in the midwest. jk  :P

it's in Milwaukee WI
"Happy game hunting!!!"

bobster

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:17 pm »
I thought of you TheFlea while I was at PAX East over the weekend. There was someone putting @flea in some obscure spots, which I considered might be you, but then I saw you went to MGC instead.

Anyways, it sounds like it was a good time!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

theflea

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:56:32 am »
maybe someone was trying to get my attention to see if i was there. lol
I wish I could have made it. 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

bobster

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:53:43 am »
maybe someone was trying to get my attention to see if i was there. lol
I wish I could have made it.
It was a pretty good time. As far as gaming goes, I don't think there was anything particularly rare there that you'd be willing to spend the kind of money they were asking.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

ziondood

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:49:19 am »
Our booth had a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga in NM condition, I think that was the most expensive thing I saw all weekend. No test carts or anything strange like that.