Author Topic: Leaving Feedback on Member Feeds  (Read 1036 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Leaving Feedback on Member Feeds
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »
I wish we could do this. I often see people adding stuff to their collection, or letting go of stuff; that I'd like to comment on.

Just recently somebody added "Pony Luv" to their collection. Come on, you HAVE to comment on that!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Leaving Feedback on Member Feeds
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:10:12 pm »
Could always just use the "Misc" topic for that.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

Yeah, but the person they're commenting on might not realize that there's a forum post specifically for them.  Sounds like burningdoom is hoping to up the social aspect of our feeds :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »

Yeah, but the person they're commenting on might not realize that there's a forum post specifically for them.  Sounds like burningdoom is hoping to up the social aspect of our feeds :P

Ahh...gotcha'

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »

Exactly.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »

Exactly.

^

Heh...

closet social deviant *AHEM* mariposa  :o

*EDIT*

D'oh!

My bad - that's what I get for trying to talk in 1 language & type in another  :-[

"mariposa" = butterfly  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:08:52 pm by disgaeniac »

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »
If we're gonna go that route might as well do some kind of Facebook integration. When adding something it could have a "Share" button on there or something. idk

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 07:32:04 pm »
If we're gonna go that route might as well do some kind of Facebook integration. When adding something it could have a "Share" button on there or something. idk

Good God do I hope that this never happens here  :'(

I think that one of my favorite things about VGC and one of its biggest strengths...is that it focuses on doing ONE thing -and- doing it very well.

IMO, the more things you keep adding onto something with a very focused & specific purpose (like excelling at being a video-gaming database); the more diluted & spread thin things are bound to get   :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 11:03:20 pm »

Good God do I hope that this never happens here  :'(

I think that one of my favorite things about VGC and one of its biggest strengths...is that it focuses on doing ONE thing -and- doing it very well.

IMO, the more things you keep adding onto something with a very focused & specific purpose (like excelling at being a video-gaming database); the more diluted & spread thin things are bound to get   :-\

We already have the database down, though. It's excellent and getting added to all the time. So why just rest on your laurels? If there's room to improve, and the main focus is still being addressed, then why not?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:13:13 am »
Because not all of us see becoming more 'social' (more like a Facebook or a backloggery) as an "improvement".

Your "resting on laurels" could be other's "fixing something that's not broken"...

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »
Because not all of us see becoming more 'social' (more like a Facebook or a backloggery) as an "improvement".

Your "resting on laurels" could be other's "fixing something that's not broken"...
... we already have "Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / Google+ (yech)" buttons. Having buttons to share stuff there (links to the item, your collection, etc.) Isn't a bad idea. It's not gonna replace the site's functions, just add to it.

dreama1

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »

WHY DIDN'T YOU LIKE MY STATUS???
Hopefully they don't; I agree if they added report button i'd probably be banned within a week.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:03 pm »
It would be neat in all but in reality there's much higher priority stuff to get down. -Like the search  ::)