Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 45350 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2014, 11:48:19 am »
Ducktales NES (now I have both 1 & 2 :))

Jealous about DuckTales 2. That game is so hard to track down.

I had it as a kid, along with so many other NES classics that are hard to track down now. But my brother sold it all off for a Game Boy Color and a few games at GameStop when they still did retro-games back in the day. Wasn't very happy about it.

theflea

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2014, 04:01:04 pm »
Home from a day of garage sales and lets see what I found.  ;D

A Namco Ms. Pac-Man Plug & Play Normally I pass on these, but it was brand new sealed for $3 so ya I picked it up. lol

XB360
- A complete Kenect with adapter for fat 360's for $10.

PS2
- Chicken Little ($1)
- Sea World: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures ($1)
- Breeders Cup: World Thoroughbred Championships ($1)

NGC
- TMNT ($2)
- TMNT: Mutant Melee ($2)
- TMNT: Battle Nexus 3 ($2)
- Luigi's Mansion (PC)  ($2)
- Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition ($2)

NDS
- iCarly ($1)
- iCarly 2 ($1)
- Pokemon White Version ($8) ;D
- Backyard Football 09
- Hot Wheels Beat That!
Last 2 games where loose packed with GBA deal below.

GBA All these games where bagged together for $8
- Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
- Finding Nemo
- The Incredibles
- International Karate Plus
- Digimon Racing
- Board Games (no label)
- Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
- Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
- Yu-Yu-Yakusho Spirit Detective
- Spongebob Squarepants Movie
- TMNT

PS1
- Bowling (normally i'd pass on this game, but it was sealed for $1)

A stack of NES manuals for free.

A Nintendo DS Lite (Pink) with charger, stylist and GBA cover for $10.

A N64 with 7 games and 2 controllers for $25.
Games included...
- Pokemon Stadium
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron
- Nascar 2000
- NFL QB Club 98
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Party 3  ;D
- Diddy Kong Racing

SNES
- Darius Twin ($2)

Also (not pictured) picked up a original Xbox with a bunch of controllers, remote and other accessories. Was going to pass but the gal there really wanted me to take it and accepted $10 for the whole box.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:52:03 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »
Garage sales in the middle of the week, AND you find that much stuff???   :o  What kind of magical land do you live in?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2014, 04:43:44 pm »
Garage sales in the middle of the week, AND you find that much stuff???   :o  What kind of magical land do you live in?

I live in the land of makebelieve, whoo hoo everyone on the trolley!!!  ::)

All seriousness I live near Chicago, Garage sales out here are best Thursday and Fridays.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

argyle

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »
Wow....Chi-ca-go.  That must be the land where dreams are made!   ;D :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2014, 04:59:26 pm »
Only got the Halo 3 ODST Strategy Guide for 2 bucks today at the thrift store.  Nothing new put out game wise really, but hoping for something Saturday as I make my big thrift shop gauntlet run.

argyle

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »
The $5 copy of Lord of Arcana for the PSP came in the mail today from Amazon.  Figured for that price I'd go ahead & add it to the collection.  Also got my new PS3 controller in, since my old one was starting to have some issues.  ;)

foxhack

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »
I picked up a sealed Diablo III CE Behind The Scenes DVD / BluRay for $3 thinking I could trade it.

... I paid about what it's worth. -_-;;

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »
My wife got me a Retro Duo Portable. I think I'm going to like this little jewel. I don't think I'll use it traveling, but I might. I can see myself playing SNES games on this while she watches her shows on tv.

The NES attachment is silly. Not exaggerating at all, the top of the NES cart sticks out 6" above the screen. It's crazy big. I like it though. It feels good in my hand. The AC adapter could have plugged into a better place. It's on the side beside the d-pad. It makes it tough to play while charging.

Overall, for the little I've played it; I'm in. I like this little dude. I haven't tried to hook it up to a tv, but you can. It came with a little control port. I might have to give that a shot.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2014, 12:36:32 am »
My wife got me a Retro Duo Portable. I think I'm going to like this little jewel. I don't think I'll use it traveling, but I might. I can see myself playing SNES games on this while she watches her shows on tv.

The NES attachment is silly. Not exaggerating at all, the top of the NES cart sticks out 6" above the screen. It's crazy big. I like it though. It feels good in my hand. The AC adapter could have plugged into a better place. It's on the side beside the d-pad. It makes it tough to play while charging.

Overall, for the little I've played it; I'm in. I like this little dude. I haven't tried to hook it up to a tv, but you can. It came with a little control port. I might have to give that a shot.

I love my RDP. The Retrogen adapter for it is great!

@burningdoom, I bought Ducktales 2 from a VG Collector here in the forums. My son and I played it and beat it the day it arrived. Good game! It actually took me longer to find Ducktales 1. :)

@theflea Zelda Collectors edition for $2 is an awesome score. I should hit up yard sales. I went to the local goodwill, but all I saw worth picking up was a DVD-R recording unit for $20. I picked it up because I can easily hook in my consoles via RCA and S-Video and record gameplay footage without a computer. Also it has hdmi out so I can s-video into the player, then up convert to 720p via hdmi out. Pretty cool since my HDTV itself does not support s-video.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2014, 02:04:15 am »

I really had little interest in getting Fable III. But I actually found a better deal for Dark Souls in a bundle with Fable III than I could for the game alone. So why not?

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »

I really had little interest in getting Fable III. But I actually found a better deal for Dark Souls in a bundle with Fable III than I could for the game alone. So why not?

So how do you like Fable II so far?

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »

Garage sales are the best place to go since usually the people don't recognize the value of the games. Thrifts however are becoming increasingly aware and are selling them through their websites or other places. Some actually check the internet and set prices that way instead of putting on a price tag. Otherwise, if you are looking for sports games they will give you 8 for $2.

argyle

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:29 pm »

Garage sales are the best place to go since usually the people don't recognize the value of the games. Thrifts however are becoming increasingly aware and are selling them through their websites or other places. Some actually check the internet and set prices that way instead of putting on a price tag. Otherwise, if you are looking for sports games they will give you 8 for $2.

It completely depends on your area - yard (garage) sales AND thrift stores are a bust in my town.  And someone having a sale on a Thurs. is unheard of - you might get a handful on a Friday. 

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »

It completely depends on your area - yard (garage) sales AND thrift stores are a bust in my town.  And someone having a sale on a Thurs. is unheard of - you might get a handful on a Friday.

Don't forget to go in the side neighborhoods too. Most people don't do that.