Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 231147 times)

soera

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1005 on: May 02, 2016, 01:14:14 pm »
Why the hell is it pushed back yet another 3 weeks? Mighty no 99 should be its name ... I got 99 setbacks and a release date isnt one.

« Reply #1006 on: May 02, 2016, 02:01:05 pm »
Why the hell is it pushed back yet another 3 weeks? Mighty no 99 should be its name ... I got 99 setbacks and a release date isnt one.
Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny, formerly of IGN; is probably one of the biggest Mega Man fans in video games media. He's interviewed Keiji Inafune so many times that he considers him a friend. He also designed challenges for the 3DS release of the Mega Man Legacy Collection.

Why am I painting this picture of him as a Mega Man mega fan?

As he said on a Kinda Funny Gamescast that if Mighty Number 9 was delayed one more time that he wouldn't play the game when it comes out. So due to the Vita version 'coming at a later date', he now "doesn't give a fuck." He's played the game behind closed doors and loved it.

So has this game truly been delayed so much that it could even put the biggest fans off?

kashell

« Reply #1007 on: May 02, 2016, 02:09:21 pm »
June is my birthday month so I'll be asking for lots of presents. @_@

Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet has a limited edition up for pre-order on the NISA store.

« Reply #1008 on: May 02, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet has a limited edition up for pre-order on the NISA store.
The best people in life were born in June.

I double checked that the following people weren't born in June:
Adolf Hitler
Josef Stalin
Sudam Hussein
Osama bin Laden
Kim Jong-il
Kim Jong-un
Justin Bieber

:D

abe

« Reply #1009 on: May 02, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »

A nice one too. It's the usual soundtrack art book sorta thing, plus a a bunch of pins (12 of them) and art card things. The price is decent too, only $50 USD for the limited edition. It releases September 6th for NA and the 9th for EU, so it doesn't cut into the summer's game budget. :)

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1010 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

A nice one too. It's the usual soundtrack art book sorta thing, plus a a bunch of pins (12 of them) and art card things. The price is decent too, only $50 USD for the limited edition. It releases September 6th for NA and the 9th for EU, so it doesn't cut into the summer's game budget. :)

If you A) Have Amazon Prime and B) Don't think the pins are worth $10 + whatever NISA charges for shipping (so...$15-ish?) then you can get the set from Amazon for 20% off, or $40:  http://www.amazon.com/Touhou-Genso-Rondo-Bullet-PlayStation-Limited/dp/B01F04ZDKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462219870&sr=8-1&keywords=Touhou+Genso+Rondo

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #1011 on: May 03, 2016, 10:47:27 am »
Updated!

Ray Gigant apparently releases today, but I still can't find an English trailer for it - that must be a reeeeaal winner. ;)

Question for the Atelier fans amongst us: I'm very tempted to use the upcoming PS4 game as a jumping-in point since I understand it's the start of a new storyline. Any early word of how the game is? It looks gorgeous, and that's a series I've always wanted to get into.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:18:29 pm by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #1012 on: May 03, 2016, 11:20:19 am »
Updated!

Ray Gigant apparently releases today, but I still can't find an English trailer for it - that must be a reeeeaal winner. ;)

Question for the Atelier fans amongst us: I'm very tempted to used the upcoming PS4 game as a jumping-in point since I understand it's the start of a new storyline. Any early word of how the game is? It looks gorgeous, and that's a series I've always wanted to get into.

I haven't heard any impressions on it so far, but I have seen plenty of footage. It looks like it has been further improved from the Dusk series. If that's true, then I'm sure that it's going to be fantastic.

EDIT: Since Atelier is a series you want to get into, I'll suggest starting with either Atelier Annie on the DS or Atelier Ayesha on the PS3. Annie is a very -VERY- basic Atelier that will give you an idea of what each game is all about: time management, item crafting, interacting with your party members, helping out others, etc. Ayesha isn't as basic, but it still will give you a gentle introduction to what to expect with Atelier.

Don't let the time limit in either game worry you. You will always have plenty of time to get all of your tasks accomplished and still have tons of free time to spend the way you want to.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:31:52 pm by kashell »

argyle

« Reply #1013 on: May 03, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »
Thanks! I have both of those, so I'll have to decide which one to go with. Basically, do I want to play at home or work? ;)

desocietas

« Reply #1014 on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »
Thanks! I have both of those, so I'll have to decide which one to go with. Basically, do I want to play at home or work? ;)

Lucky - I'm still trying to find a copy of Annie that is a little more affordable...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #1015 on: May 03, 2016, 07:26:38 pm »

I guess better late than never...

Pretty cool trailer - if only it were being released in physical form -__-
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:31:13 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1016 on: May 04, 2016, 08:25:24 am »

That's a tough call. For what it's worth, Atelier Annie is much shorter than Atelier Ayesha. So if you wanted to get in and get out (giggidy) quickly while still getting an idea of the Atelier world, you could go with Annie.

I like Ayesha more, though.

argyle

« Reply #1017 on: May 04, 2016, 09:50:59 am »

Lucky - I'm still trying to find a copy of Annie that is a little more affordable...

Mine's cart only if it makes you feel any better. Snagged it at a local GS for pretty cheap - would love to have the case, but what can you do? I'm paying the price for being a DS late adopter.

And you're not helping Kash. :P  Looks like Ayesha is on the Vita as well, so it would also be a portable option...but it's $40.  :o

kashell

« Reply #1018 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:35 am »

Mine's cart only if it makes you feel any better. Snagged it at a local GS for pretty cheap - would love to have the case, but what can you do? I'm paying the price for being a DS late adopter.

And you're not helping Kash. :P  Looks like Ayesha is on the Vita as well, so it would also be a portable option...but it's $40.  :o

Are you talking about Ayesha Plus? If memory serves, that didn't get a physical release so (in my world) it doesn't count! ^.~

Really, both games are good options for starting the series. No matter which you pick, I think you'll get a good idea of what to expect and have fun doing it.

karyann

« Reply #1019 on: May 05, 2016, 12:31:24 pm »

June birthday people, represent!

Thanks for reminding me that I need to make a list of presents ideas. My mother's going to call me soon asking for this  ::)