Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 230911 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #990 on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:50 am »
Damn. I'm not surprised, but I was cautiously optimistic.

I doubt I'll be playing it.

abe

« Reply #991 on: April 22, 2016, 10:53:49 am »
A ton of news today, because June didn't already have too many things I wanted. :-\

-Tales of Berseria has been given a release window of "early 2017" for the PS4 and PC in North America and Europe.
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization will see a North American and European release on the PS4 and Vita this fall.
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force is releasing in North America for the Vita on July 12th. May or may not be digital only, no word on that yet.
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heave will release on June 28th for the PS4 in North America.
-God Eater: Resurrection releases digitally (boooo) for the PS4 and Vita in North America on June 28th.
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst will release on August 30th in both North America and Europe. The PS4 version will receive a physical release, and all first-print North American copies will come with a download code for GE: Resurrection, and costume DLC stuff from some of Bandai Namco's other properties (Tales, etc.). For Europeans, these bonuses are obtained through preorders. The Vita version will be digital only (booo again)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:56:31 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #992 on: April 22, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
I Am Setsuna is releasing on July 19 on PS4 and Steam http://gematsu.com/2016/04/setsuna-launches-july-19-west

Digital only though :/

Digital only?!?!?  Noooooooooo!!!!!  :-[

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #993 on: April 22, 2016, 04:03:37 pm »
In case anyone wanted Tokyo Mirage, the special edition is now available on Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #994 on: April 22, 2016, 06:18:29 pm »
I Am Setsuna is releasing on July 19 on PS4 and Steam http://gematsu.com/2016/04/setsuna-launches-july-19-west

Digital only?!?!?  Noooooooooo!!!!!  :-[

Boo! This is disappointing.

abe

« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »
-Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky will release in North America for the PS4 and PS Vita on October 18th. The game is being published by Aksys and will receive physical and digital releases. It will also feature English audio and the original Japanese audio. Yay for all of those things. :D As for Europe, the details of the game's release are being worked out but it will see a European release eventually in some form.

More info here for whoever is interested.

argyle

« Reply #996 on: April 26, 2016, 10:57:03 am »
Exist Archive looks great - maybe I'll be finished with FFXV by then! :D

Starting on this week's pretty big update!

EDIT: Update finished!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:54:24 am by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #997 on: April 26, 2016, 12:24:10 pm »
Thanks for the updates! I'm really pleased about Exist Archive.

abe

« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2016, 10:58:44 pm »
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X now has a North American release date of August 30th. Much earlier than I had anticipated and only a few days after the release of the PS4 version in Japan. Both the PS4 and Vita versions will get physical launch editions that each come with a pouch for putting things in. No word yet on when Europe will be getting the release.

PlayerC90

« Reply #1000 on: April 30, 2016, 12:25:40 am »

This is a super minor thing, but you have different listings for Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Blood Covered …Repeated Fear. These are one and the same.
The PSP release was called that in Japan to indicate that this is a remake, and since the 3DS version is a port of the PSP release, it's called the same.
In the west there is no need for that, because the PSP version was the first game in the series to be released over here, so it's just called Corpse Party. Same goes for this upcoming 3DS version.

Thanks for all the work!

« Reply #1001 on: April 30, 2016, 05:10:46 am »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I really wanted that game, it looked ace.

Yeah I can buy the digital copy and import a Japanese physical copy for my shelf. However it isn't the same.

kashell

« Reply #1002 on: April 30, 2016, 11:03:58 am »
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X now has a North American release date of August 30th. Much earlier than I had anticipated and only a few days after the release of the PS4 version in Japan. Both the PS4 and Vita versions will get physical launch editions that each come with a pouch for putting things in. No word yet on when Europe will be getting the release.

Finally! Something that can hold my knickknacks. What should I put in there? The possibilities are endless.

argyle

« Reply #1003 on: April 30, 2016, 05:23:43 pm »

This is a super minor thing, but you have different listings for Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Blood Covered …Repeated Fear. These are one and the same.
The PSP release was called that in Japan to indicate that this is a remake, and since the 3DS version is a port of the PSP release, it's called the same.
In the west there is no need for that, because the PSP version was the first game in the series to be released over here, so it's just called Corpse Party. Same goes for this upcoming 3DS version.

Thanks for all the work!

Ah, thanks, I was confused by that one. I'll straighten it out when I do next week's updates. :)

abe

« Reply #1004 on: May 02, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »
Mighty No. 9 has finally finished development and now has a release date. Can you guess when it's releasing now? June 21st for NA and the 24th for the rest of the world. June. J U N E. JUNE?!?!?! Why must there be so many things releasing in June? :'( :-\