Author Topic: Any Jaguar collectors?  (Read 1717 times)

Any Jaguar collectors?
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:00:07 pm »
Wondering if there were any Jaguar collectors here. Its a pretty good system, and outside the cd games im missing 3 to get all the games.

Damn shame after tons of years a working emulator still does not exist, or homebrewers still can figure out how to get the 3d processors to use full memory.

The CD games are insanely pricey though. Iron Soldier 2 was $500 for a good copy last I checked.

ffxik

Re: Any Jaguar collectors?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:47 pm »
Yes actually.  I'm not overly fond of the controller.  There are a few games I do enjoy for the system. Congrats on the near completion.  There are still a hand full of games I want to get for it although I'm not looking to complete the library.

The emulator Project Tempest is working pretty well for me.  The only game I haven't got it to play is Ruiner Pinball

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:47 pm »
Yes actually.  I'm not overly fond of the controller.  There are a few games I do enjoy for the system. Congrats on the near completion.  There are still a hand full of games I want to get for it although I'm not looking to complete the library.

The emulator Project Tempest is working pretty well for me.
Project tempest? That only supports some games doesn't it? I heard some of what it does support wont emulate sound properly.

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:04:39 pm »
I only had 6 or so games on that emu.  Thanks to your comment I actually went through and gave it a thorough shake.. Never mind what I said Project tempest is crap.    :'(

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 10:35:41 pm »
Its a shame because people need to play Iron Soldier 1 and 2, ago, and the original rayman. Among others.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 10:39:59 pm »
Its a shame because people need to play Iron Soldier 1 and 2, ago, and the original rayman. Among others.

I remember reading about John Carmac being proud as hell of the Jaguar Doom port.

Do either of you have any of the home brews that have been released?

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »

I remember reading about John Carmac being proud as hell of the Jaguar Doom port.

I don't.  I'm not much of a home brew guy.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 11:04:52 pm »

Yeah a few. Jaguar has a very active community.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 12:25:25 am »
Very cool on the near complete collection... I wish I could be like that with the Jag but  honestly I really don't like the system at all. Haha I would love to try the doom and Wolfenstein ports with the overlays on the controller but the price is a way too much.
Defender 2000 seems pretty cool as well

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:01 am »
Cannon Fodder is pretty nice on the jaguar
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:24:06 pm »
Very cool on the near complete collection... I wish I could be like that with the Jag but  honestly I really don't like the system at all. Haha I would love to try the doom and Wolfenstein ports with the overlays on the controller but the price is a way too much.
Defender 2000 seems pretty cool as well

It was mostly because when i started thinking of finding certain games a bunch started appearing at yardsales and stores, and there were people who underestimated value on ebay so half of that was luck. The CD games on the other hand, I have no idea. only got 2 of them, the others are impossible to find or will cost me at least 4 cars.