Author Topic: Adding games to a wishlist or collection in mass, importing other collections  (Read 758 times)

Aloha

I've been collecting using Collectorz.com's software for quite a long time, and as much as i like their overall interface and the pro software, their database is terrible and not well maintained from what i can see.  Also, Alwin is a bit of a terribly egocentric person.

I'm hoping to find an alternative to that software, or at least find some sort of compliment to it.  I stumbled upon this site as a result of that search.

What i am looking at today is adding entire console libraries to the wish list quickly, and seeing if adding parts of a game (Disc, case art) removes the rest of the parts of a game (Manual, Case) from the wish list.  If i can't do either of those, is there a way to import my current collection from another software solution?

foxhack

Hello and welcome.

There is no way to import another site's collection at the moment, I'm afraid. :( Due to the way our database is set up, importing would be a bit difficult since we have variants that other sites may not list, so you could end up with the wrong games.

When adding an item to your wish list, it only adds the game itself, not its condition or components. So you'd add a game with no disc / box / manual / other things checked, you'd have to set that manually.

what about adding an entire library of games at once?  I'm about 5 games from a complete US Saturn collection.  I'd rather not add that whole thing manually.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

what about adding an entire library of games at once?  I'm about 5 games from a complete US Saturn collection.  I'd rather not add that whole thing manually.

You could use the "browse" option for the US Saturn games, and just check all of the boxes for your games + "add to collection"

And, yeah - welcome to VGC!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"